Crew hauler build

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the factory timing adaptor for #1 cylinder. It needs to be there. Used with Rotunda timing set up.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you leave it off you shorten the line and that injector pops early.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Jackranch my 7.3 NA has that too. Mine is also on the #1 cylinder.(Passenger front.) I have seen some Factory Ford Rotunda IP timing tools on EBay. They have a very large clamp for the injector line. Although I do not know this to be true, my thought is IH or Ford put that on there for their IP timing tool to perhaps make a easier/better connection or get a better read on injection pulse. Thus why we have one, only on the #1 cylinder. Let’s see if another member knows if it has another reason for being there or can confirm their Rotunda timing tool uses it. My Tach n Time uses the skinny part of the injector line to clamp on, not that adapter you show above.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. That was our debate last night cuz if it wasnt supposed to be there it would explain the poor running issues that led to me buying an expensive new pump. Did not want to tell the wifey that some PO's mechanic left an adapter on and the issues were free to fix:frustrate

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for some time if the factory timing adapter would work with the tach-n-time. My thought is that it should work the same as the clamp on sensor, but possibly be more accurate. It’s just one of those things I haven’t gotten around to yet.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for some time if the factory timing adapter would work with the tach-n-time. My thought is that it should work the same as the clamp on sensor, but possibly be more accurate. It’s just one of those things I haven’t gotten around to yet.

I seem to remember someone trying that and it working, but don't quote me on it. I also haven't gotten around to trying it.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Guessing if the plug on the cord is the same size that likely it would.

Who knows, maybe Kent Moore built the timing tool for Ford and used the same plug and specs for the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance