Crew hauler build

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up this truck a yearish ago and am finally making some progress! 93 crew cab. Originally idit with e4od the kid I bought from was planning on doing 12 valve swap till the tranny blew. His friend got the idit and I got the empty shell. Plan is to zf5 swap and install 88 na to get it running and see how healthy the rest of the truck is. Got to do it quick, dirty, and cheapish cuz my baby girl arrives in march and the extended cab is squishy already with the 1 kid.

Questions I have, pretty sure I do not have the trucks engine harness. Donor truck is a bricknose has anyone shoe horned a brick harness into an obs? Or should I find another harness?

Also while engine is out what things should I prioritize that are much more difficult in frame. Was thinking oil cooler,oil pan gasket(dad hit a rock years ago and kinda got it sealed so pulling it off to weld properly), and water pump. Anything else? I'm sure lots more questions in time. Thank you in advance this community is awesome!!

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you reseal the oil pan, do not use a gasket. These engines came from the factory with silicone sealing the oil pan and if you tried to use a gasket you have a high likelihood it will leak

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill and tap the driver side manifold for a pyro. Rear main seal and sleeve kit if there's any oil seeping through.

Personally, I'd probably do head gaskets and head bolts/studs if it's out on a stand.

If the heads are off; Quick and dirty valve lap with a suction cup and compound, valve stem seals and you'd have most of the problems knocked out that are a pain when in the truck. Wish I'd have done both when I did my head gaskets years back, but it was a rush job.

Ford005

Reaction score
I don’t do much with IDIs, so I’m not much help when it comes to telling you if there is a difference in the engine harnesses, but I’d assume there would at least be a difference in the body side plug.

I can tell you this: I just picked up a 93 crew cab w/an unknown condition IDIT & E4OD that I’m doing a powerstroke swap to, so if you need some stuff, I’d gladly part with it, lol!

I’m in western Washington...

I picked up this truck a yearish ago and am finally making some progress! 93 crew cab. Originally idit with e4od the kid I bought from was planning on doing 12 valve swap till the tranny blew. His friend got the idit and I got the empty shell. Plan is to zf5 swap and install 88 na to get it running and see how healthy the rest of the truck is. Got to do it quick, dirty, and cheapish cuz my baby girl arrives in march and the extended cab is squishy already with the 1 kid.

Questions I have, pretty sure I do not have the trucks engine harness. Donor truck is a bricknose has anyone shoe horned a brick harness into an obs? Or should I find another harness?

Also while engine is out what things should I prioritize that are much more difficult in frame. Was thinking oil cooler,oil pan gasket(dad hit a rock years ago and kinda got it sealed so pulling it off to weld properly), and water pump. Anything else? I'm sure lots more questions in time. Thank you in advance this community is awesome!!

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Utah or I might be real interested in the whole idit, but most certainly may be interested in the engine harness!

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If JAKRANCH doesn't go for the idi engine I may be interested.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update
Sold it due to life and lack of progress. Bought a runner, but not a starter instead.
You must be registered for see images attach
Nearly everything works on this thing! Cruise don't but the horn does which is a first for me. O and the aftermarket exhaust break doesn't work either. Once I get it both cold and got starting should be a sweet rig.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a starter put in and now it hot starts just fine. Apparently glow plugs need work cuz it won't cold start without a little snort. Glows have been hooked up to a manual switch and pulled juice when I bought it but last night wouldn't start so guess I'll check wiring and replace plugs as necessary. Has an exhaust leak somewhere, least I hope that's what the ticking I hear is, that or the napa injectors the prev owner put in.

Last edited:

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's supposed to be one an it don't work.:p I really want to dig into it but unfortunately its farther down the list

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online