Crew cab short bed brick nose....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this it would be an interesting project for sure, Or how about a CC on a RGLB frame? Wow...short wheelbase CC and short box or what? LOL

I'm doing a SC on RG LB frame sometime...in future....making a short deck SC should be nice!

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys you got me curious. SO I went out and measured the wheel base of my xtra cab. 156" I called my son and had him measure the wheel base of the crew cab. He says 155". I think it is just the difference in reading the tapes. When I got the crew cab, i Lined the two trucks up, and they wheels line up perfectly. I bought the crew cab from the original owner, so I am sure it hasnt been messed with, as far as frame or cab swap. Not sure where you are reading, but I have what was a crew cab short bed, year 1990.

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of the two trucks I measured. As I mentioned it is hard to see that the flat bed was a short bed, with the long flatbed on it. BUT the wheel base is exactly 156" or 13 ft on both trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of the two trucks I measured. As I mentioned it is hard to see that the flat bed was a short bed, with the long flatbed on it. BUT the wheel base is exactly 156" or 13 ft on both trucks.

Attachment don't work

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It looks like this will work if I do one pic at a time. Lets see.

Attachments

• 0515131004.jpg
    0515131004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 74

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Something is really screwy with the site. I did both posts the same, and yet 2 very different results. Hopefully eveyone can see the pics now. Van

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some worked some didn't from this angle that one looks like a crew cab long bed.

The bed that came off of it was shorter than the bed on the extra cab, and the two trucks pictured have the same wheel base. Not sure what constitutes a "short Bed".

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short beds are usually 6'6" on the inside there about. I can't really tell from the pics but if you put a tape on them and they are the same wheel base, who am I to argue. :dunno

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have found is Ford built or commissioned a whole bunch of stuff that was never very official. The crew cab is called a centurion edition which was a company that made 4 door broncos for awhile. So maybe they ordered these with a crew cab on a short chassis. Who knows? I did call my son and have him measure the bed and he said it measured 6' 8" inside. I dont know if this helps anyone, But i tried. On a side note, a buddy of mine came by the shop this afternoon, who drives a 97 crew cab short bed and his truck is shorter than all three of mine. Both the wheel base, and overall.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I have found is Ford built or commissioned a whole bunch of stuff that was never very official. The crew cab is called a centurion edition which was a company that made 4 door broncos for awhile. So maybe they ordered these with a crew cab on a short chassis. Who knows? I did call my son and have him measure the bed and he said it measured 6' 8" inside. I dont know if this helps anyone, But i tried. On a side note, a buddy of mine came by the shop this afternoon, who drives a 97 crew cab short bed and his truck is shorter than all three of mine. Both the wheel base, and overall.
That makes the most sense, actually...I had been under the suspicion that this was a conversion job ever since reading your first post. Basically, whatever dealer the original owner of your truck bought from, ordered the truck from Centurion. Centurion did a number of conversion jobs...they did the 4 door Broncos, they did DRW 4x4 pickups, and I even once saw a Centurion build that was a DRW 4x4, with a crew-cab with an extended-cab rear half grafted in place. I admit that this is the first short-bed conversion I've heard of from Centurion, but that doesn't surprise me nearly as much as the idea that a truck left the Ford factory that way (given that they weren't "normally" available in that timeframe and building one would have required some retooling). I can't remember if Ford sent complete trucks or if they sent incomplete vehicles to Centurion for the conversion work, but it sounds like Centurion custom-shortened the bed, then put the bed and a crew-cab body on a 155" extended-cab chassis. So, basically, your truck was sold new that way, but it wasn't done at the Ford factory. Makes much more sense now :angel: although I for one would still love to see pictures of this rig...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a picture of it above. It's hard to tell as stated that its a short bed but if you look close, it looks like the front part of the flat bed is short to the rear wheels which a conversion would be. What would be great is a picture of the frame. If its a scab frame, the cc has to be notched around the frame to accommodate the shape of the frame rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online