Crew cab short bed brick nose....

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes the most sense, actually...I had been under the suspicion that this was a conversion job ever since reading your first post. Basically, whatever dealer the original owner of your truck bought from, ordered the truck from Centurion. Centurion did a number of conversion jobs...they did the 4 door Broncos, they did DRW 4x4 pickups, and I even once saw a Centurion build that was a DRW 4x4, with a crew-cab with an extended-cab rear half grafted in place. I admit that this is the first short-bed conversion I've heard of from Centurion, but that doesn't surprise me nearly as much as the idea that a truck left the Ford factory that way (given that they weren't "normally" available in that timeframe and building one would have required some retooling). I can't remember if Ford sent complete trucks or if they sent incomplete vehicles to Centurion for the conversion work, but it sounds like Centurion custom-shortened the bed, then put the bed and a crew-cab body on a 155" extended-cab chassis. So, basically, your truck was sold new that way, but it wasn't done at the Ford factory. Makes much more sense now :angel: although I for one would still love to see pictures of this rig...

What you say may be true, BUT my shop used to be next to a mechanic. He had a guy come in there regularly, that had a 95 6 door truck. It basically looked like a crew cab with an extra back potion grafted on to it. It also had a long bed. I talked to him at length, and he swears he ordered it from Ford that way. I called BS, but the mechanic ran the vin number and it came back with a code he had never seen and wasnt in the book. He called Ford and they said the letter in question refered to "Special construction". I have also seen an 1985 f-700 crew cab which wasnt supposed to exist. So who knows. We also have a guy named Don working for our city shop as foreman who was in development for ford for 25 years. He said there were quite a few un-official project that went out the door in days gone by. Not so much anymore. So again, who knows. Van

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
What you say may be true, BUT my shop used to be next to a mechanic. He had a guy come in there regularly, that had a 95 6 door truck. It basically looked like a crew cab with an extra back potion grafted on to it. It also had a long bed. I talked to him at length, and he swears he ordered it from Ford that way. I called BS, but the mechanic ran the vin number and it came back with a code he had never seen and wasnt in the book. He called Ford and they said the letter in question refered to "Special construction". I have also seen an 1985 f-700 crew cab which wasnt supposed to exist. So who knows. We also have a guy named Don working for our city shop as foreman who was in development for ford for 25 years. He said there were quite a few un-official project that went out the door in days gone by. Not so much anymore. So again, who knows. Van

that code probably means it left the factory incomplete to be finished elsewhere. like limos, buses, etc. crew cab body and bed but maybe they never finished stamping the rear sheet metal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger