crate motor?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Rob,

as you know I have done both rebuild and drop in - price difference wasn't much at all. I vowed to never do another rebuild again after doing the long block because time wise it wonderfull - unwrap it and you can enjoy it in a couple of days later. Plus I got a warm fuzzy feeling that I had a warranty.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i did see that on Ebay, thanks to those who pointed it out to me.;Sweet

i will be watching it for sure.

there is a certain amount of pride that goes along with building one yourself, just like the pride that went with my former '86 never seeing a mechanic's shop in the 8 years i owned it aside from 1 wheel alignment. but when it comes to the actual heart of the truck, the engine, i would rather have someone with experience put it together.

this truck is going to be around for a while.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
got me the ebay reman coming my way. should be here Wednesday. 1900 shipped.;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I put in an engine that had been rebuilt. 5000 miles later an incorrectly installed freeze plug walked out ( apparently the shop was so impressed with their own abilities that they didn't need to purchase the special tool needed to install the freeze plugs on these things correctly)
When I got the engine back out on the stand I found so much other mickey mouse junk I didn't even want to fool with them

This time I rebuilt it myself. It took me quite a while, heck, I'm half crippled, everything takes me a long time, almost 8 months, but last week it was back on the road and we went on a nice vacation towing the 5er and for the first time since I've owned that truck, the only fluid consumed was fuel :D and it FINALLY runs GREAT ;Sweet

It's getting really hard to find anyone to do a decent job on much of anything anymore. The promar engines are getting a pretty good reputation....but now I've got a friend with less than a year on one of those down under warranty

-----------Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online