Crash!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm OK (I think), but the Ranger isn't. At 7:30 this morning, about 1000 feet from work, a 2006 Subaru Forester driven by some woman, entered my path as I traveled at 35-40mph in a light rain. She had been sitting waiting to make a left turn, and for reasons I'll never know, decided that I was invisible and she turned right in front of me. I had enough time to brace myself and think "here we go!" Bam! I saw a lot of foreign car parts go flying, and my Stoner-Wade license plate went skidding across the road. The left front of the Ranger pushed the right front of her Forester back to the windsheild, and she bounced off and spun like a top. I was deflected to the right and came to rest at the curb. The engine had shut off, but the air bags didn't deploy. The 99' Ranger 4X4 would start, but not run very well. Needless to say, even though it doesn't look that bad, I think it's totaled too, or at least I hope it is. I'm going to try and get some pictures later today. Most importantly, the other driver and I were OK, although I suspect my muscles will be sore tomorrow. So the big question is, what will I do with the insurance check? Perhaps another IDI? Might be a good way to get that second Bronco I've been wanting. Darrin, what's in stock? LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
good thing your all ok.

It's a good thing that both of you were driving fairly new vehicles because the crumple zones that are designed in took the brunt of the impact verses just letting you take a beating. By the sounds of it (flying parts) everything worked as it should.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Bags won't deploy unless 2 of the sensors are affected (3 in the front and one for roll over). Glad to hear you are ok and it was the Ranger, not the Moosestang!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew:angel:

Glad you're OK.

So the big question is, what will I do with the insurance check? Perhaps another IDI? Might be a good way to get that second Bronco I've been wanting. Darrin, what's in stock? LOL

Here's a linky to keep you busy till he answers http://www.dandlautosales.com/

Here's a nice looking '92 CC IDI Dually he has http://www.dandlautosales.com/

Another Ranger http://www.dandlautosales.com/detail.asp?stock=693

and a really sharp '97 F350 CC Dually (Nice find Darrin missed that when I was looking around) http://www.dandlautosales.com/detail.asp?stock=701

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are OK. The soreness will come, but we are all pulling for you. Let us know if we can help.
That brings you down to only one non-diesel in the house now.:thumbsup:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Sounds like the muscles will be sore tomorrow, but probablly not as sore as her neck will be.. Glad to hear you both were OK, I did the same thing when I was driving a full size Comcast Cable Cebby work truck, As I was reading your discription I was reliving my accident. Cpt the "Here we go" thing was more like "Oh Sh@$!!" I tightend up my arms and on impact I bent the steering wheel towards the dash.

Darrin, what's in stock?

Check the website!! Let me know what you want, I am actually looking at a truck in MA, I may need to make a trip out your way,. well see,..

Rob has a nice truck for sale,....

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this accident but it is good that You and the other driver are OK, personally I hate to drive on muggy streets or rain around the city.

Good that You feel good enough to think about another vehicle and not any injure.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Glad ya are alright. Ditch the little truck and save for ranch hand front bumpers. I'll think that will be my plan now, stop buyin more trucks and save for more steel to use as idiot barriers.

Adrianspeeder

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Dang Mel...you know there are EASIER ways to remove gas powered vehicles from your stable :D ;p

Seriously :hail to what powers be that you are able to post the same day :hail sheetmetal can be replaced !

Glad the woman is OK too....was she blonde ..........

pafixitman

Reaction score

I'm w/ Geo, forget the pics of mangled metal. You should have some nice down the blouse shots as she was propelled toward the windshield.

:eek: did I actually post that? :angel:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonc
You must be registered for see images attach

Bet she had a cellphone stuck in her ear!!:mad: :mad:

If she was blonde and on the cell......it's not her ear that the phone was stuck in:moon: .....or was that where her head was stuck...I'm:confused:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Might I interest you in some Import killing Green iron?Hell,it is a domestic killing green monster too!Ran over a Z24 with it one day just for kicks.Just imagine what would have been left with that Stububaroo if you creamed it in a 7 ton M35A2 moving at that speed with a bumper about waste high.......CRUNCH.And people wonder why I drive big trucks(well,when one is working!).Too many idiots in Beer cans!