Crash!

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Sheeeiiiit, Mel. Was this on Valley Stream Parkway?

I had enough time to brace myself and think "here we go

Exactly what happened to me 11 years ago when I was hit in my 94 Wrangler when I was 200 feet from my parking space here in my condo development.

You WILL be sore tomorrow, the important thing is, no one was hurt. Did you end up going to work, or did Suzy come get you?

Scott

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Right at the intersection of Valley Stream and Swedsford. Here's the carnage. Even though I hope my truck is totaled, to the casual observer it's pretty obvious who won.

Attachments

• HerSubaru.jpg
    HerSubaru.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 53
  • TheMiniMoose.jpg
    TheMiniMoose.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 66

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hee hee hee,MADE IN AMERICA!!!!I do want to ask one thing....what he heck happened to that dodge way our back behind your truck!Flat bed headache rack about 6 feet over teh cab!that one must have hurt!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the casual observer it's pretty obvious who won.

OUCH!!! She's damn lucky she didn't get hit with any thing bigger than a Ranger the way that thing fell apart....She needs to say a few :hail :hail :hail s

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the crash. Glad that you and the doofus in the whoopee doo were able to walk away.

Bet they total your Ranger. Would cost more than half of what it is worth to bring it back up to *****--it looked like a nice one.

Take some Aleve and relax. Keep us posted.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt. I wouldn't call either of these car junk before the crash. They both did their jobs. They(cars) got hurt NOT the drivers. Again glad to hear just the cars got hauled away.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad your ok mel.i be surprised if they total the ranger.but i cant see all the damage in the picture though.

I am actually looking at a truck in MA, ,....

where abouts in MA might you be headin?ya might need to make a side trip to say hi :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
glad your ok mel.i be surprised if they total the ranger.but i cant see all the damage in the picture though.

Same here, have seen much worse repaired, but then again, the picture prolly doesn't do it justice. My neighbor and adopted family does that kind of work. I have seen WAY worse looking vehicles fixed, but it is just hard to tell via a pic.

Glad you are both ok and I also agree, both vehicles did their job. Crumpling is a designed feature and having had a wreck in both, my 87 F250 sliding off the road on ice and just wiping out a mailbox before resting in a ditch and t boning a 4 door Caprice Classic with my 94 S10, I felt much more "damaged" in the F250 wreck, which did no more than bust a headlight and have a sudden stop. The S10 had almost $4000 damage and I hardly knew I had been in a 40 MPH collision the day before. My wreck was exactly like yours, guy looked at me, then turns accross my lane as if he didn't see me, no cell phone either. Been a few years ago and I hope to not experience that again!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap!! Like everyone else already said...I too am glad everyone walked away! What a crazy looking crash! What did she do when she made the left??...turn to tight into your lane or something...I was expecting a T-Bone or something not a partial head-on? Weird! Yup your old muscles are gonna be sore when you read this! Again glad everyone is A OK!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm w/ Geo, forget the pics of mangled metal. You should have some nice down the blouse shots as she was propelled toward the windshield.

:eek: did I actually post that? :angel:

Shame, shame. Expecting an injured man to catch a ****** shot on the way by.

Glad your OK Mel. Been there too. Put some steel plate on the front of whatever the Ins. check brings home. I creamed some yuppie with the 1/2 inch steel winch box welded to my push bar (also 1/2 inch plate & tubing) on my '86 Scottsdale. Caved his passenger front 1/4 & door into the center console of his new BMW:rotflmao . I had to repaint my winch box & pick the glass out of my grille when I got back to the shop. I was pissed when I cut my finger digging out the glass.LOL ;Sweet

Tylenol w/ Codine man:love: :love: :love:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Shame, shame. Expecting an injured man to catch a ****** shot on the way by.

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao Yah what a wierd turn there.

So what was she wearing?:D

All joking aside, glad you made it thru ok.
After swapping that rear axle Saturday, I'll send the rest of the Tylenol bottle yer way.;Sweet

Seeing the damamge on the Ranger, I'd suprised if they don't repair it. Mostly front damage and a minor tweak to the frame from what can be seen, but a few other factor will play in to determine what the adjuster will do.

I do have to agree with GEO, heck of a way to clean out the gassers.:hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy who took them both on the same roll back (Ford thankfully) told me he thought it would be close, as to if they total it or not. I tell you though, that thing has a lot of inertial damage. Even the tool box lids aren't right anymore. If they do fix it, I won't keep it long. It was a very nice, very clean truck. No rust, and 137K on it. I was looking at my paperwork last night. I bought it on 3/1/01 with 37K on it, so it looks like I got just shy of 6 years and 100K out of it. The 86' I had before it went 268K and was retired due to rust, but would have run I don't know how many more miles, but it could have been a lot. I had that one for 17 years. It will be interesting to see what they give me for it. I guess once I have a check or a repaired truck to sell or trade, I'll decide which way to go then. Yea, I'm glad they make these foreign cars like big pillows. As long as they keep building them with lots of crumple zones, then our trucks will emerge more fixable each time. LOL Reminds me of Paton's famous words.... "Nobody won a war by dying for their country. They won by making some other poor sap die for his." ;p