Crash!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
accidents suck but you walked away unscathed thank God. i have been through about 8 accidents my self with several of them totaled (funny thing is i was never driving in any of them) and the most i have ever got was sore the next day. glad you came out ok cars are replacable but your well being isent.

so where are the vehicles now? any way that looks like a sweet CJ in the back round -Drool

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy who took them both on the same roll back (Ford thankfully) told me he thought it would be close, as to if they total it or not. I tell you though, that thing has a lot of inertial damage. Even the tool box lids aren't right anymore. If they do fix it, I won't keep it long. It was a very nice, very clean truck. No rust, and 137K on it. I was looking at my paperwork last night. I bought it on 3/1/01 with 37K on it, so it looks like I got just shy of 6 years and 100K out of it. The 86' I had before it went 268K and was retired due to rust, but would have run I don't know how many more miles, but it could have been a lot. I had that one for 17 years. It will be interesting to see what they give me for it. I guess once I have a check or a repaired truck to sell or trade, I'll decide which way to go then. Yea, I'm glad they make these foreign cars like big pillows. As long as they keep building them with lots of crumple zones, then our trucks will emerge more fixable each time. LOL Reminds me of Paton's famous words.... "Nobody won a war by dying for their country. They won by making some other poor sap die for his." ;p
hey mel-
arm yourself with some info before doing battle with the insurance adjusters. check kbb.com for the "trade-in" value for the truck before the loss. Also, check the local listings for trucks equipped the same like yours for prices. I did a quick check last nite and came up with roughly $4100 not knowing the accesories and 81k for the odo reading. Its going to be a wobbler, so you will need to do your homework if you want the results.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
At 7:30 this morning,
:angel: Mel, glad you & other party A-OK, shook up, but OK!! Fenderbenders no fun!:angel:

But Mel, I gotta ask.....I just gotta. (Devil makin me do it!) LOL
Karma, Hexes, VoDo??? Remember what I said about "sunup monday morning".....moved the thread & sunk the boat, didn't 'ya!!!
:rotflmao :rotflmao

(I think I better split before I get whipped!!)
see'ya.
})}>****<{({ I'm gone....:peelout ;burnout :peelout ;burnout

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Glad to hear your alright, sorry about the messed up ranger. I hope the insurance treats you right, and gives ya fair value on the ranger. :angel:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
good thing your all ok.

It's a good thing that both of you were driving fairly new vehicles because the crumple zones that are designed in took the brunt of the impact verses just letting you take a beating. By the sounds of it (flying parts) everything worked as it should.

Bags won't deploy unless 2 of the sensors are affected (3 in the front and one for roll over). Glad to hear you are ok and it was the Ranger, not the Moosestang!

Naw, if he'd been in the Moostang, there would have been nothing damaged but a flat Shoo-Bar-ooo.:D

Glad to hear you are alright.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'd like some opionions on how much $$ you guys think this truck is worth... Forget book value. http://rides.webshots.com/album/469207801YsyrBm

What should I settle for? Cause I know it's gonna be less than what I want.

6 Years old
127K on it.
New tires
4.0L 5spd 4X4 extended cab, auto hubs, alloy wheels. I think the rest of the pics speak for themselves as to the general condition.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your fender bender Mel. Glad to hear everyone is ok. Did you start your shopping list yet?

pafixitman

Reaction score
OK, so I'd like some opionions on how much $$ you guys think this truck is worth... Forget book value. http://rides.webshots.com/album/469207801YsyrBm

What should I settle for? Cause I know it's gonna be less than what I want.

6 Years old
127K on it.
New tires
4.0L 5spd 4X4 extended cab, auto hubs, alloy wheels. I think the rest of the pics speak for themselves as to the general condition.

'01 or an '00? Miles are high, 5spd is a deduct, big V6 is a plus. Windows, locks, cruise, tilt, A/C? 4 doors is a plus. Assuming it is an XLT w/ all the buttons, prior to the wreck $6500 wholesale.

sassyrel

Reaction score
let em total it--buy it back--and fix it yourself--then sell it--and make a few bucks in the process---

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'01 or an '00? Miles are high, 5spd is a deduct, big V6 is a plus. Windows, locks, cruise, tilt, A/C? 4 doors is a plus. Assuming it is an XLT w/ all the buttons, prior to the wreck $6500 wholesale.

Way high but might be right if it was an '00 or '01 but it's a '99

Trade in on '99, XLT, 4x4, 4.0, 5 speed, 127k miles, AM/FM Casette, grill gaurd, Alloy wheels, AC, sliding rear window and tow package (this is all I can spot in pics)

• Fair Cond $4085
  • Good Cond $4945
  • Excellent Cond $5450
Private party values
  • Fair $5630
  • Good $6365
  • Exc. $6935
Suggested retail in excellent condition $8500 (what a dealer will ask after they take the trade in at $4085 and have the wash boy wax and detail it)

pafixitman

Reaction score
Way high but might be right if it was an '00 or '01 but it's a '99

Trade in on '99, XLT, 4x4, 4.0, 5 speed, 127k miles, AM/FM Casette, grill gaurd, Alloy wheels, AC, sliding rear window and tow package (this is all I can spot in pics)

• Fair Cond $4085
  • Good Cond $4945
  • Excellent Cond $5450
Private party values
  • Fair $5630
  • Good $6365
  • Exc. $6935
Suggested retail in excellent condition $8500 (what a dealer will ask after they take the trade in at $4085 and have the wash boy wax and detail it)

I went off his comment on 6 years old (2007 - 6 = 2001). Yep, I agree, '99 is 4500 tops.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ya high mileage and a manual trans are the big deductions. As far as the tires go, hopefully a receipt is still close by as that may help a little but not much. $4500 is pretty close to what they should part with.

Hey look at the brite side Mel, if it's any consolation, I had to have my county patrol truck towed in today. Blew trans fluid all over the place on a 1500 mile rebuild. Must be a week for trucks on flatbeds. Got a sweet ride on an 06 Pete out of the deal.;Sweet

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
They will propally offer you around $2500 they don't like to give up anymore than they have to.

Someone told me a while ago that an insurance company will make you 3 offers

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, so how are you feeling today? I agree, fight with the insurance company, as they will low-ball you at first.