crank over time

uloadit

Reaction score
What I have been noticing is it been taking me longer to start when the engine is up to temp. First thing in the morning it will fire off right away with just a half a crank, no smoke and purrs like a kitten. But after it has been shut down for a short time, say like go in to a store and get a coffee and come out to restart. It will crank over about 10 times to start back up, does not smoke or anything that seems to be a problem. Truck has 75,000 miles on it and it does not matter if I change the oil or not. Its just when the truck was new it would only take a half a crank to fire off any time I started cold or hot. Just wondering if there is something that is going to be a problem or is there something I can fix to get back that tap the key and fire off .Or let sleeping dogs lay P.S. it just got two new batteries new starter and a new alternator that is 200 amps and no change

And thank you for taking the time to read this

Dave Bednarik

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, anothermember from my neck of the woods.

Your problem can be a couple things.could be ipr and/or injector orings.or cps.w
What yeAr is your truck? Do us a favor and fill out your signature with your trucks info.it helps us help you.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no easy way to find out if it needs injector orings like the 94-97 trucks.you can have a scanner put on to read the pressures but the mechanic needs to know what to look for.you can pull the valve covers and watch for oil bubbling up around the injector retaining clamps.to check the ipr youll need to remove it.