cracked fuel injector lines

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely good to have a spare set. Mine are $50 shipped.

gandalf

Reaction score
just hit the junk yards. :D
if you do go to the dealer, ask to bypass the kid with the polo shirt at the front counter, ask for the old parts guy(if you're lucky they still have one), don't mind the looks or the smell, he can go right to the parts bin and pull out four kits for you. :D

Not every yard will have those clamps. You have to find a yard with a Ford diesel, either 6.9 or 7.3. I was at Pick-n-Pull (N San Jose) yesterday, and didn't see a single diesel. I did, however, find the long support bolt for my spare tire carrier. That spare tire carrier, BTW, is an invention of the devil, one he had when he was in a particularly bad mood. I hate that SOB, the carrier.

Scott, it's nice to know that you saved my picture. Two things of note in that picture. The 5/8th line wrench comes in pretty handy on that job. Also, you'll notice a printed copy of Mel's Fuel Injection article laying there for quick reference.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sort of made my own when my line cracked when I was on a long trip away from home. I cut a piece of rubber fuel line and put it around the line, and then wire tied it to another line beside it.

While the factory clamps would be best, I don't see why rubber fuel lines cut and slipped over the lines with homemade pieces of metal and bolts clamping it all down would not work in a pinch.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Question for the colective, is $80 a good price for a complete used set of injector lines and clamps? Do you feel it's a good idea to have a spare set on hand?
i have a couple sets of lines, when you come up i will sell you a set if you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online