cracked fuel injector lines

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep having problems with my lines from pump to injectors cracking and squirting right at the ball. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything i can do to stop this? I have been removing the line, cut off tge ball and put on a slip ferrule then tighten. Do i need to just do them all? So far the 4 i have done like this havent leaked.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you still have the line clamps on the hard lines?

dscf7646-jpg.52302

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess i will go junkyarding this weekend to find some or have to make some. Are they attached to anything or just around the tubing?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injector line clamps. It is necessary to have the clamps to keep the lines from cracking.

You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be very difficult to make your own. The OEM clamps are rubber lined,top and bottom, the rubber is formed to encircle the line so they clamp very tight.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford probably wants a fortune for tgem or they are "obsolete"
just hit the junk yards. :D
if you do go to the dealer, ask to bypass the kid with the polo shirt at the front counter, ask for the old parts guy(if you're lucky they still have one), don't mind the looks or the smell, he can go right to the parts bin and pull out four kits for you. :D

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how that is. When i go to oreilleys for stuff i will only deal with 2 guys that i know who are actual mechanics and understand have "real" vehicles that arent computer controlled crap.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Best place to find the line clamps is most wrecking yards. Any International truck dealer. Or on ebay. The Ford dealer is hit and miss because these engines are not supported by Ford any longer. Cheapest place is the wrecking yard. Then ebay. YOU MUST HAVE ALL CLAMPS IN PLACE.. Or you will ALWAYS break lines. My best suggestion is replace all your lines now because you have broken 4 so far. the others are not far behind. Your cut and repair is not really the best way to fix a broken line. Replacing it is the best way but.. you have been able to fix it your way so far but without clamps.. you will continue to break lines. these "clamps" are actually vibration dampers. the pulse of fuel from the injection pump is the cause of the lines breaking.