Couple Videos from inside my 04 F350

tgatch

Reaction score
Easy Freight Train.... :backoff My ICP sensor freaks out if I romp on it hard for some reason some times when the Quad is turned up to 160. The light goes back out after a couple drive cycles.

The typical stock 6.0 will walk away from the typical 7.3 STOCK. Heck a chipped 7.3 can barely hang with a stock 6.0 :rotflmao Now throw in a chip in a 6.0 and you have to throw a turbo, injectors and dual HPOPs and you MIGHT be able to get the HP that my 6.0 has. LOL

All in fun ;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Think I would want more than that so I could get outta the way of flying debris......:shake: Just wish Ford would have not thrown the engine into the mix like they did.All that Reflash crap,injector issues,seals,gaskets,etc was not a step in the right direction.Lets hope with the super stroker they are comming out with late 07 has the bug worked out in the design room this time.

tgatch

Reaction score
So far mine has been pretty good. I did have to have the EGR cooler replaced. That was the biggest so far. Other than that, I had a VGT sensor, two EGRs and two ICP sensors. Truck has towed my 13,000lbs 5ht wheel beautifully and gets decent mileage as my daily driver to boot. The truck has over 50K miles on it now.

I do know there have been quite a few out there that have had some problems, but let's keep in mind that the diesel performance world and these boards are only a small sampling of the Powerstroke owners. Remember Ford sells about 250,000 of these diesel trucks annually. That works out to be almost 1 million diesel F-series trucks since the 2003.25 model year. I think what you are seeing is a few that have gone out in search of others that have had problems so a lot of people assume that it is the norm for the 6.0. I, like a lot of people, talk to others at the pumps and have found ONE person that hated their 6.0 in the dozens of 6.0 owners that I have talked to.

The 7.3 was not flawless now was it?

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I do know there have been quite a few out there that have had some problems, but let's keep in mind that the diesel performance world and these boards are only a small sampling of the Powerstroke owners. Remember Ford sells about 250,000 of these diesel trucks annually. That works out to be almost 1 million diesel F-series trucks since the 2003.25 model year. I think what you are seeing is a few that have gone out in search of others that have had problems so a lot of people assume that it is the norm for the 6.0. I like a lot of people talk to others at the pumps and have found ONE person that hated their 6.0 in the dozens of 6.0 owners that I have talked to.

The 7.3 was not flawless now was it?

You summed it up pretty good - a happy customer keeps his mouth shut but an unhappy one... well... that's the reason for so many of these websites...

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Looks good YMMOT, i think i have seen that view from behind the wheel.

Stevo

BIGRED95

Cummins Power
Reaction score
Tom,
Cool video's that puppy flat picks up and moves! I'll have to get a ride in it next time I'm up in the area!:D
Justin