Couple of misc. questions(high performance)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know whereabouts on a DB2 pump the xx31 or xx29 number which gives the size of the fuel plungers is? I was talking to Ken today concerning the core for a DPS pump. His site says 93 and up cores, but he really is looking for a working 7.3 core to make it go...I really do not remember if my rebuilt pump was from a 6.9 or a 7.3, so I thought I would ask if you guys could tell me where to look for the #s. Second, I was told that flexpipe is not a good option for making my exhaust 3" all the way from the turbo back. Is this true? Will it cause excessive airflow restrictions? Thanks I appreciate any feedback,
J.D.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
If you can weld at all, you can fab up downpipe. Auto Jet made all my parts and pieces on my project. Oh, and a 94-97 PSD 4" tailpipe will fit our trucks.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not weld...yet, I know some people who can. I'm happy with the 3" exhaust...but thanks for the tip on the PSD one. The downpipe from the ATS should be 3" ID right? I have all the turbo parts I need, but I want 3" all the way back from the turbo. Any thoughts on the IP numbers? Thanks,
J.D.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JD-

I bought a 4" MBRP exhaust kit for a 95-97 PSD and used all of it on my old IDI. The PSD downpipe is now my intake tube, and the rest mated to my ATS 3" downpipe easily. I welded one joint, but you could get away without any welding if you buy a nice band clamp (to join the midpipe under the passengers footwell). The rest of the system is slip fit and clamps together.

Attachments

• intercooler small.jpg
    intercooler small.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture or Video 015.jpg
    Picture or Video 015.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 7

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the tip. It was probably expensive though....unless you got a heck of a deal on it. Do you think I really need bigger than the 3" exhaust with a turbo, or is it just because big is cool? Thanks again,
J.D.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I recall, it was pretty cheap. Heres one on eBay for $329... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...015QQitemZ250107653444QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I paid a little more, but it came with the polished stainless 5" tip.

Any more than 3" is overkill on these old trucks, but a 3" system from Banks is silly expensive, and at the time I couldn't find another option, so I got the MBRP kit. I had to move one hanger on the frame from the front to the middle, but the hanger bolted to the frame, and the holes were already there to move it to the middle.

You might look into having a system made locally, but it's hard to find a muffler shop with a mandrel bender. Furthermore, it's hard to find a shop to do a complete exhaust and install it for less than the price of the 4" kit.

I'm a somewhat experienced fabricator, so I was willing to take on the task of making it fit- consider that task before you order!

Ryan

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It looks like you have a Truck Pro heavy truck parts store in Ocala, that's not too far from you http://www.truckpro.com/docs/services_and_locations/store_pages/fl_ocala.html
They carry a full selection of 3" and larger pipe with all kinds of bends and clamps. I priced a setup for mine going from 3" to 4" with a mufler going out in front of the rear tire at about $140 at the Truck Pro near here.

Don't spend too long in there though or the rack of chrome stacks will start calling to you :D

------Robert

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JD-

I bought a 4" MBRP exhaust kit for a 95-97 PSD and used all of it on my old IDI. The PSD downpipe is now my intake tube, and the rest mated to my ATS 3" downpipe easily. I welded one joint, but you could get away without any welding if you buy a nice band clamp (to join the midpipe under the passengers footwell). The rest of the system is slip fit and clamps together.

;Sweet ;Sweet Thats a nice setup, I'll check into something like that for the Bronco. I was hoping I could find a local shop that would be able to help me fab some Exhaust up, but nothing so far they all have 3" only, I want 4" -Flame Thr

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know whereabouts on a DB2 pump the xx31 or xx29 number which gives the size of the fuel plungers is? I was talking to Ken today concerning the core for a DPS pump. His site says 93 and up cores, but he really is looking for a working 7.3 core to make it go...I really do not remember if my rebuilt pump was from a 6.9 or a 7.3, so I thought I would ask if you guys could tell me where to look for the #s.
J.D.

There is a tag on it that gives the model number.There are several number but the last 2 in a 4 digit sequence will be the size of the plunger.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
You can get a 3 1/2" kit from Hypermax for 225 or less. I paid 205 for mine thru Huff.

Like Freighttrain said, should be a tag revited on side of pump that gives model IP you have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online