Couple general questions

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Thanx for the help, definatly going to replace the return line. also gunna do the injector o rings and caps as well. im gunna have the injectors pop tested to see what kind of condition they are in (maybe ill make my own). if they arent up to *****, bye bye :-D

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Finally getting around to this.

1) what is the best source to get the return line kit? i seen ebay has a lot to choose from. are they all the same? local parts house wants about $60 for the kit :shock:

2) is the speedo gear a dealer only item?

3) is the tach sending unit a dealer only item?

also replacing the valve cover gaskets are they are leaking a bit...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I needed to get a return line kit, I'd probably buy it from DIS in Texas. What I usually do though, is just go to the Ford parts counter and source my own individual pieces.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel, Ford dosent sell a complete kit either??? all individual pieces??? wow, I figured they would have a "rebuild kit" as well as each piece.

Optikalillushun...NAPA also has these kits paid $48 for mine... or Ebay has them.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
thanx for the replies, looks like i have a little bit of work ahead of me. had smokie in the garage over night...went to start it and it didnt wanna. same thing happened yesterday, took me 4 tries yest. and twice today.

-cuss :mad: dryrot

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i got it started after 6 more tries last night. after it was running it ran good but it felt like it had a spudder a little.

while it was starting it was coughin n spudderin hard. saturday i snugged the valve cover bolts and was chekin the return lines i guess i made it worse. oh well i ordered 2 return line kits from dieselpage, im the kinda guy who likes to have extra on hand hehe.