Cosmetics... hood scoop and paint

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I found this hood scoop in the barn and sat it on the hood and thought it looked pretty good. I am really close to mounting it. I was gonna see what you guys thought about it. And a am about to paint it all primer black and then decide to paint it back the same colors one of these days lol. Its really scratched up and faded, clear coat comin off, etc. What you guys think?

Attachments

• 1hoodscoop.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 159

motoboy549

Reaction score
id say it looks ok.. ive been lookin for a cowl induct hood for mine they are impossible to find tho... completely a d d but my truck is the same color and has the rear slider urs looks to b in better shape but if not for that i couldnt tell em apart.. ok the fog lights

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Honestly it doesn't look to bad, but try turning it around and see what you think. I do believe that is a cowl type scoop and should have the opening facing the windshield.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the looks of 69/70 Mustang Boss 429 hood scoop on the Ford trucks. I think the one you've got there is a mopar 6 pack scoop.

I say if you like it, run it. And as far as spraying it black. It will be a little more work when you do get around to repainting it. But it's only paint. I say go for it!;Sweet I'm going to be spraying mine black with some blue Boss stripes.:D

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Honestly it doesn't look to bad, but try turning it around and see what you think. I do believe that is a cowl type scoop and should have the opening facing the windshield.

That's a 6 pack type mopar scoop, it is meant to go forward. I've actually been thinking about putting on my truck for a funcional cold air type setup.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the looks of 69/70 Mustang Boss 429 hood scoop on the Ford trucks.

Exactly what my suggestion would be. I even got one of those on my old Lincoln luxobarge, hood under it cut of course, no performance gains but sure looked cool blowing steam on a cold rainy day :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Dustin you already know my opionion, i think you should put it on there hell if you like it dont worry what other people say, its YOUR truck

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I kinda like it,.. One way to make it functional, is when you get your turbo setup, get the old banks style wit the big box. If you cut out the center of the top lid that is the intake side, Then you seal around the hole in the hood and vwala,. Functional ram air hood scoop.

Check out my Extreme Makeover Video in my signature for pics. I did the same thing with a 96 Mach 1/ Torino GT Hood Scoop, that was before the Cummins Swap.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what my suggestion would be. I even got one of those on my old Lincoln luxobarge, hood under it cut of course, no performance gains but sure looked cool blowing steam on a cold rainy day :D

I have a feeling you got a great deal on the Lincoln's scoop too!!:sly:D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling you got a great deal on the Lincoln's scoop too!!:sly:D

Well why, it was so long ago I really don't remember how much I paid for it, but I do seem to recall it was quite outrageous ;Really

Jk man, if price wasn't right then I wouldn't have bought it ;Sweet By the way do you remember where you got it from at first, Mustangs Unlimited? Sure would be nice to find one more of these scoops now for the truck...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online