Cosmetics... hood scoop and paint

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well why, it was so long ago I really don't remember how much I paid for it, but I do seem to recall it was quite outrageous ;Really

Jk man, if price wasn't right then I wouldn't have bought it ;Sweet By the way do you remember where you got it from at first, Mustangs Unlimited? Sure would be nice to find one more of these scoops now for the truck...

If you think the price you paid me for it was bad just think about what I paid for it!!!!!:puke:cookoo

Yea I bought it from Mustangs Unlimited. I think it was around $120.00 or so when I bought it back then. I'm afraid to look what they charge now.:eek: I'll be buying another one for my Super Duty some time this summer.:D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted, like I said if what you asked for it wasn't right for me I wouldn't have bought it off ya! But $120 actually ain't bad, I just went to check current prices and site's down for maintenance... But yes, I think this is about the only hood scoop that would look good on our trucks. How's your F-SD treating ya, by the way?

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted, like I said if what you asked for it wasn't right for me I wouldn't have bought it off ya! But $120 actually ain't bad, I just went to check current prices and site's down for maintenance... But yes, I think this is about the only hood scoop that would look good on our trucks. How's your F-SD treating ya, by the way?

The F-SD is a driveway ornament for now until I can come up with enough cash to fix it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot! But then, I'm not a big bricknose fan, so just about anything makes one look better. LOL

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The F-SD is a driveway ornament for now until I can come up with enough cash to fix it.
Kinda like mine then, only mine is in perfect working condition, I just have no places to drive it to cookoo

I like it a lot! But then, I'm not a big bricknose fan, so just about anything makes one look better. LOL
I hear ya on that, I own one of them ugly things. lol

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Why do people keep sayin its not functional? cun a hole out in the hood and it makes kinda like a ram air type thing

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cause most folks don't cut holes in their hoods, heck they don't even rivet or bolt the thing down, just slap it on with double-sided sticky tape.

Ram-air though a scoop like that won't do you any good with the factory air filter box, but it may help for moving air under the hood better.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about that dent in your door vs a scoop that has no business being on there ;Really (you asked, I delivered):D

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say if you like it, run with it.

Personally, I prefer the 69/70 Boss 429 Mustang scoop.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cause most folks don't cut holes in their hoods, heck they don't even rivet or bolt the thing down, just slap it on with double-sided sticky tape.

Ram-air though a scoop like that won't do you any good with the factory air filter box, but it may help for moving air under the hood better.

A functional hood scoop is basically more of a cold air intake that's slightly more visible.:D Not really ram air unless you've got one fast diesel!!:D I like hood scoops. If I had a riding mower I'd put a scoop on it!:rotflmao

I'm planning to modify my stock air cleaner and also make a cable operated flapper door on the Boss 429 scoop so I can close it off in bad weather. I'm still working out the engineering for it ( in my head ) while I build my 54. :eek:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted, the one thing you gotta watch out for with these trucks is the stupid seal on the back of the hood, cause of how far back the air box sits we can't just flip our intake lids like them gasser boys do. I also got something planned for utilizing the hood scoop design for cold air purposes, but we'll see how that goes, I may grab a spare box and lid next time I'm in the U-Pull-It so I don't ruin my nice ones... And yes, I'd put a scoop on the mower too, lol :D

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted, the one thing you gotta watch out for with these trucks is the stupid seal on the back of the hood, cause of how far back the air box sits we can't just flip our intake lids like them gasser boys do. I also got something planned for utilizing the hood scoop design for cold air purposes, but we'll see how that goes, I may grab a spare box and lid next time I'm in the U-Pull-It so I don't ruin my nice ones... And yes, I'd put a scoop on the mower too, lol :D

Yea I know. I was actually thinking more about some kind of plenum box on the under side of the hood. That would feed into the air cleaner thru a hole or three I'd cut in the air cleaner housing ( not the lid ). It would be all sealed up so nothing but cool air when the scoop is open.;Sweet