CORES NEEDED

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to come before you again asking for cores, but here is the deal. I've had several forum members not uphold their end of the deal and send their cores back after buying Moose Pumps. Some guys are tricky, and use an expiring credit card or call and say it's stolen and get their number changed. I REALLY DON'T WANT to start charging for cores up front, but it's getting to look like that may be necessary. They got the discount too. The problem is for each core not returned, it creates a bookkeeping headache for Suzi and slows down our production of pumps. We loose a fair number of parts in shipping also. Cores come back with broken throttle shafts, or advance arms, and some are just in such rough shape that we can't use them. I do what I can to keep the prices down and serve the community in this specialized capacity, and on previous pleas for cores you guys have come through. If I can get some more, then I can leave the current core policy in place, and you would be in essence forgiving those guys who are schmucks, which maybe you don't want to do. I dunno. Anyway, that's what's going on. If you guys are in the mood to help, God bless ya. I'll take any IDI DB-2 core, hopefully rebuildable ones. But even the rough ones with good throttle shafts would be welcome. I can't pay your shipping, but the good will can be noted in your account, and will be rewarded somehow.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, Charge up front for cores. People are schmucks. I really appreciate you trying to help us out like that, but people can't be trusted. I'm guessing if people get charged for a core they might take more time packaging them also so they don't get destroyed in shipping.

Thanks again for all you do for the IDI community.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.9 also? And to the forum members that have stiffed you, well they will get theirs in the end, On that note do you require a core for the pump I got from you, I dont think that came up in conversation. I dont have any as yet but will scrounge as needed.

silkyj87

Reaction score
What do you value your cores at? I have been considering getting a junior moose pump (only running an 093 Ats under 10lbs, studs, maybe an intercooler down the road) in an 89 Superduty w/ 150k miles only used for towing. I have 4 working pumps that I would be willing to send in for a discounted pump in return.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, unless you got a core invoice, then no you weren't expected to send one.

The problem with charging for the core up front, is I've had a number of guys barely squeak by on their bank accounts, and I know it would be a hardship for some. I had one fellow who was like 63 cents short in his account. I tried to charge his card and it was denied. He had all but 63 cents in there. Naturally, when I found this was the case I just pulled 63 cents out of my pocket and charged him the difference. I'd hate to see guys have to save up another month just to cover the core. I guess they can send the core in advance, but that kind of messes up the convenience of the exchange program.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We charge $200 for a core. But that's not what I pay for cores if I have to buy them. Cores can be bought for $50 or less. The point of the higher cost is to incite the customer to send in HIS core. That way we know it was a running core. Plus we build pre-paid return shipping into our sale, in a re-usable box and packaging to ensure its safe return. If you place an order and send in more than one core, we can do a credit.

silkyj87

Reaction score
Ok so if I was to send in 4 pumps when I order than I'm basically looking at $200 total in core credit? Or $350 in core credit ($200 for the runner off the truck then $50x3 for the spare pumps in my garage)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, I'm looking for free cores to cover the deadbeats. What your talking about is a different deal, and one we can work out on the phone. I can't just take in cores and give away Moose pumps. That doesn't pay the bills.

silkyj87

Reaction score
I totally understand. I'll call in once I know I am ready to get a new pump. Thanks for your help it's much appreciated. If it will help you out, I'll send you a pump (free) to help with your dilemma (deadbeats). I don't mind contributing to help keep costs down, and I obviously don't need 4 pumps sitting on my shelf haha... What do I need to do to get one shipped to you?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What a sad posting on a Monday morning. And to find out this is members of this forum.. Thats low. I understand your issues Mel with charging a core fee that causes anyone to return the cores. But what else can you do but charge a ransom for the cores. Knowing who the deadbeats are is something that has to come out on this forum too. I realize thats shinning a lite of the roaches but thats what has to be done so no other members here get ripped off. Honesty is what makes this forum better than the rest. When honesty is lost we have nothing but kayos. I want to thank those that are steeping up to help you out too. They too will be rewarded later on in life. Please don't let this bump ruin your business ethics. We all appreciate what you do for all of us.

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one I'll send in. I recently bought a pump and I felt bad sending the core in towards the end of the 2 week period. I can't believe there are guys that wouldn't send it back. Lowlife terds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one that had heat soak and I kinda partially dismantled it just because I was curious, I can send it in if you want it. and possibly 1 or 2 more that are completely together. I'll see what I can do.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Charge up front for them, i know you mean well and have good intentions, but there's a reason almost any other company for any other part that requires cores, requires you be charged up front. Start posting the usernames of the people who have stiffed you and see how many more people will try to pull a fast one on you and then expect to come back to us for help and questions.

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
idi's are hard to come by where i live, but if i can scrounge one ill send it in just for the good karma in return...been havin bad vehicle troubles i need a change of luck :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7