CORES NEEDED

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too bad it's like this, the IDI crowd is cheap by default ( I'm the king of cheap) it's good business sense for you to try to keep the prices down (even though a core would be refunded), I think it will bring you more business in the long run. I sell tools to market gardeners and they are a thrifty lot as well and even a small change in price or method of payment (IE commercial discounts, accounts ect..) can have a pretty profound impact on business. It's always a balancing act of how much of a hit you can take with some of these guys before you really get taken advantage of and start getting hit in the pocket. Most likely these guys are just being lazy about returning the pump, it's not like they are going to get any money out of them or have any chance of rebuilding them correctly. This has to really stink for you because at some point you won't have anything to rebuild unless the customer sends his unit in first and hopefully that unit is rebuild able.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I do have an additional core to send you aside from the one I sent prior to purchasing a baby moose last month. I will send it off in maybe a few weeks or so...long story. But it will come.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
It should be a very simple marketing fix. Put a disclaimer on your site that says if a customer doesn't send back the core IP, you refuse to honor the warranty on the Moose pump.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
In my opinion, guys that only have JUST enough money to buy an upgraded pump should not be buying one! The only thing you should be spending your last cent on is food or tools to grow food, sheesh...

With that said, if I ever come across a core i will ship immediatley!

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be a very simple marketing fix. Put a disclaimer on your site that says if a customer doesn't send back the core IP, you refuse to honor the warranty on the Moose pump.

The only problem I see with this idea is that the pumps are built so good that they most likely won't need the warranty honored.;Sweet:D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth. If you can't afford to have your truck down, you pay the refundable core charge for the bonus of getting the pump before sending the core. Otherwise, you send the core and wait. Time is money. It sucks but really it's just business. Like was mentioned above, warranty voiding is one measure, but I would wager, Mel doesn't see too many warranty claims.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You know, I actually was thinking that may be the best way to deal with this issue. I think a warranty card would solve a number of problems for me, and encourage people to expedite their core return. I will try this first, as I really hate trying to fix a problem that a minority of people are causing. By and large, the IDI crowd is a great group to work with. But like any area of life, there are always a few who want to ruin it for everyone.

Cores can be sent to our address:
Conestoga Diesel Injection
1321 Byerland Church Road
Willow Street PA 17584

Be sure to stick a sheet of paper in the box with your name, address, phone, email and avatar name, so we can make a note of your contribution. I am in the process of becoming a Hastings filter dealer, so I may just start giving away fuel and oil filters to people that help if the opportunity presents itself. If you are in a position where you need our address but don't have access to this thread, just remember http://moosepump.com or http://conestogadiesel.com Both will take you to our site. Thanks to everyone who wants to help. I feel blessed, and your all a great group of guys.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.... I like the warranty void and the warranty card idea but getting back the cores means more than warranty I bet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel,
For certain as mentioned I have two cores, I'm not seeing the third yet in the shop but I'll keep looking.

I'll have to wait till I get the parts manual from the kubota dealer before I touch pulling that Unit IP. There is no way I want to mess that up. It will likely a week, or two, so if you can wait I can package the whole enchilada up in one box. Superwifey has to go to my US shipping address to get the manual and some IDI core plugs ordered so she can ship the darn box then as it will be much less expensive for me shipping 3-4 pumps and injectors to you from within the US.

Is there anything special I should do prior to packing said DB2 IP's and the UNIT IP, besides shaking the fuel out as best I can, bagging and double boxing? I've got a nice double box here a hydrualic pump came in so I'll be all over that.

If I was to apply a vacuum on the fuel lines etc would that hurt if I can draw out any bit of fuel?

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Al.. Its a good idea to fill the shipping box with sand to soak up any fuel that might leak out on the trip...:eek::rotflmao:angel: Just teasing you there. I try to double bag and place some shop rags or paper towles in the pump bag. I like being safe. nothing worse than the shipper contacting to about a hazardous waste cleanup bill or those dark suited guys knocking on your door about a package that seems like its a problem to only them.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
i have 3-4 IP cores if you want. send me into on shipping.. just remember me when it comes time for a new pump :-D

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a shop for a number of years, and one of the reasons why I opened it was too many places charged way too much. I kept my prices low, and stood behind my work. Know what I found out? People still complained about my prices being too high or were shocked they were so low. Those that complained too often tried to screw me. Keeping prices low is a great way to go bankrupt and will only matter to a few. Quality costs and that is what is most needed. Sadly, most that are dirt poor will always be that way and your low prices will make no difference to them in the long run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin