CORES NEEDED

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
I had a shop for a number of years, and one of the reasons why I opened it was too many places charged way too much. I kept my prices low, and stood behind my work. Know what I found out? People still complained about my prices being too high or were shocked they were so low. Those that complained too often tried to screw me. Keeping prices low is a great way to go bankrupt and will only matter to a few. Quality costs and that is what is most needed. Sadly, most that are dirt poor will always be that way and your low prices will make no difference to them in the long run.

Yup same here. I doubled my shop charges and still was cheaper, and the people that tried to screw me disappeared. Lol.

Mel there are people out there that just try to find ways to rip anybody off in any way they can. We just gotta let others know who they are even though we might not like to because it will protect others. If a jerk shows up in my shop, I'll phone guys I know at other shops to warn them, because there's not too many shops around here (much less in specialty) so they're bound to end up at one of those shops!

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we have a costumer ordering parts with a credit card we can preapprove his card. This checks to see if the card has the funds and then keeps that dollar amount available, but does not charge the costumer. You could do something similar with cores. If the core does not come back in said time, you will already have a preapproved transaction for the core. Unfortunately the only fast way to get cores or warranty parts back is to charge the costumer for them up front. It is amazing how fast they will get a defective warranty part back when they are charged for it. Don't charge for it and it is constant nagging to get it back.

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
I would charge upfront. Way too many scammers nowadays. A fair percentage of guys modding IDIs don't have the kind of money to be buying performance pumps, so it does not surprise me that they would stiff you on the core.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thses "members" need to be posted here so nobody else gets the ****** from them. I tell anyone wanting a timing meter to place the funds in my paypal account. Post your full name and ahipping address plus.. your phone number. That way I can answer it without fearing I'm getting a robo call or some scammer is trying to sell me something. I try to recognise a phone number before I answer it. If I don't please leave a message. I really good bout getting back to the caller. Scammers are doing a good business a bad thing. Caution must be used. Now if a trusted member here cheated another member.. Well theres a tall tree and some rope waiting for that fella...

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thses "members" need to be posted here so nobody else gets the ****** from them. I tell anyone wanting a timing meter to place the funds in my paypal account. Post your full name and ahipping address plus.. your phone number. That way I can answer it without fearing I'm getting a robo call or some scammer is trying to sell me something. I try to recognise a phone number before I answer it. If I don't please leave a message. I really good bout getting back to the caller. Scammers are doing a good business a bad thing. Caution must be used. Now if a trusted member here cheated another member.. Well theres a tall tree and some rope waiting for that fella...

Yep, just like that old saying. "You dont s#%t where you eat"

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
what about a small enough deposit to make them return it but low enough that someone can afford to pay it

ArcticDingo

Reaction score
I agree with charging the core up front is the safest way to go! I know when i ordered my Moose Junior I said I probably wouldn't ship my old one back because I'm sure its not rebuild-able and the cost of cross border shipping. As soon as I get the pumps swapped the old one will be on its way down.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Your all a great bunch of fellows with good info and ideas. I really appreciate it. Interestingly, I send a lot of pumps to guys we don't know here. They are lurkers, who never post, and I'm flattered that they read, and choose me based on your guys feedback. It's true, that threat of no warranty may not really mean a hill of beans. But I could get lucky and use the Force to will it to break. LOL Nice if I could.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note.... I'm out of cores. Most of the ones promised here haven't materialized yet. If some of you who haven't sent them, have held off because of shipping costs or whatever, please call me and we will work something out. 717-806-5561

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I do have 2 to 3. 1 may be siezed. Ive just been busy. Ill be back home tomorrow and will gather what I have. Try to remind me. Shipping should be ok.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup same here. I doubled my shop charges and still was cheaper, and the people that tried to screw me disappeared. Lol.

Mel there are people out there that just try to find ways to rip anybody off in any way they can. We just gotta let others know who they are even though we might not like to because it will protect others. If a jerk shows up in my shop, I'll phone guys I know at other shops to warn them, because there's not too many shops around here (much less in specialty) so they're bound to end up at one of those shops!

Wow I just read that and I can agree with that 110% I have had a shop for 25 years and in the last 5 years I have honestly slowly shut down and refuse daily request for service, As I became more and more rude with customers some have respected me some never return. Pricing? LOL! immediately I say $85 an hour so I don't have to bother to hear the service they need as they leave my place. As an independent dealer for AMSOIL the price of the product also keeps the lowballers away from my face because I just cant pay for a client service to his vehicle.
I always tell some people who are really good at swindling the conversation, "You want me to pay you to work on your crap?" because that is usually how they try to steer the negotiation.

So after all this time at my place sadly I am in negotiation to sell my property at the moment to a new neighbor that has purchased property to my right and behind me.
So I have to find a new way to reinvent myself so now, I have been offering my unique service to large fleet companies and plan on doing as little physical labor as possible and let the sale of product line my pocket's because our GOV has ruined the working man labor market/economy with "Fair Trade Agreement's" and endless regulation in every single possible field possible. Endless permits endless fees, If you build anything the alphabet agencies will come and threaten you with a gun or a cage for any type of service you offer. So your dealing with Clients who have no money to spend and you have a county official trying to ask you permission to legally rob you if your unprepared for them.
My full time job is evading Criminals Foreign and Domestic because I own a decent sized lot. So I have been closed to the public for many years and only operate by word of mouth. I love living in a FREE COUNTRY!
You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I need is an address to send them too. Shipping is not an issue

No problem. I posted that back on the 2nd page (post #25), but here it is again.
Conestoga Diesel Injection
1321 Byerland Church Rd.
Willow Street, PA 17584

Thank you!