Cooling system

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
Okay officially I feel dumb haha My truck has good coolant,new clutch fan, clear radiator and still warms up a little to much so Id like to change the thermostat but I cant seem to find it lol LOL some embarassing help would be nice haha

thanks

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be under the neck that returns coolant to the top of the radiator.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. The motor needs to be taken out of the truck to replace the thermostat...:eek::rotflmao:sly Just kidden ya... First off drain some coolant so you don't loose any. Then the fuel filter support... The alternater... The vacuum pump can stay. Then the thermostat housing found on the end of the return line to the radiator. It would be best if you removed both positive battery cables from the batteries. Remember that full 2 battery amps are hot at the alternater. Any grounding there will melt tools and wires. Use only the factroy 192 degree thermostat. Any other stat will fit but not allow enough coolant to pass for proper cooling. When you drain out some coolant make sure you can see the core rows in the top tank... If they look like they have some corrsion around them... Well its time to clean or replace the radiator... Most members here will use distilled water in the radiators so now minerals drop out around the core rows and plug up the radiators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger