Coolant Suggestions.

Weldingman

Reaction score
Yep. Napa has it too. They also have a Napa version that’s usually a little bit cheaper. I run it in all my older diesels engines.
So is that an ELC coolant l? There’s so much information and conflicting information on what to do with the coolant in these motors. I have a 6.9 with no coolant filter. Should that still be flushed at the factory interval of 3yr/36k miles or can it go longer without the filter?

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is that an ELC coolant l? There’s so much information and conflicting information on what to do with the coolant in these motors. I have a 6.9 with no coolant filter. Should that still be flushed at the factory interval of 3yr/36k miles or can it go longer without the filter?
Not sure honestly. I don’t believe it is though. The SCA’s will need to be monitored anyway if you put a lot of miles on it. Probably safest to plan on changing it. The SCA’s will get used up in the ELC’s as well. I honestly find that on older stuff, there will usually be something else happen to warrant changing the coolant out before it ages out. So I just never reuse coolant.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online