coolant leak

dmartin

Reaction score
i have an 04 6.0 with egr delete and studded but im losing coolant somewhere and at first it seemed to be coming from the back of the motor because thats where the coolant is dripping from but after a closer inspection we now think it could be the water pump is there anyway the the coolant could be running down the the block and dripping of the back all the way from the front of the motor?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely doesnt it? And upon shutdown you should get a puddle right under the water pump if that is the culprit.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand EGR delete is it and is the EGR cooler gone off the motor? If not it can still leak through the EGR cooler. The best way is to tap the intake manifold and takeout the cooler completely thats what i do on customers vechiles.

Reaction score
i have an 04 6.0 with egr delete and studded but im losing coolant somewhere and at first it seemed to be coming from the back of the motor because thats where the coolant is dripping from but after a closer inspection we now think it could be the water pump is there anyway the the coolant could be running down the the block and dripping of the back all the way from the front of the motor?

check your de-gas tank (recovery tank) it may be dry rotted and have spider cracks in the plastic that will only leak when it is hot. Replaced mine for $50.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front covers can leak sometimes to, but ive only really seen oil leaks come from those, that could be another possible, but im thinking since the coolant is ending out the back of the engine bay its a leak from up top somewhere, like maybe even potentially your EGR delete kit is leaking, all the other areas are good places to check also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7