Coolant heated fuel filter header, coolant flow questions

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Outfitting a truck currently, that is going to move to Alaska and the fella burns a veg oil/bio blend and wants a coolant heated fuel filter header.
What would be the best place to tap into the cooling system for the best flow/least disruption to the cooling system.

Im not a bio diesel guy, and haven't installed heated filter headers in these trucks before; so reaching out for suggestions.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
What I did was come off head toward heater, but rerouted heater hose to flat plate heat exchanger. Come off heat exchanger with T. From T one hose go to heater & return. Other side of T I headed to fuel filter, wrapped heater hose round & round my fuel filter, then back to T in return hose. But I do not have a heated filter header. Just the wrapped hose round filter, then hose & filter wrapped & header wrapped up to hold heat.
The flat plate heat exchanger also heats & keeps incoming fuel hot.

(I also deleted factory fuel filter & went with different filter head, can run several different filters. Currently run tall Fleetguard FS 1212 or FS 1000)
( LOL LOL And sometimes I run anythang flameable....WMO, WVO, Hay, Dry Ditch weeds, tolit paper, straw.... LOL LOL these IDIs are wonderful!!)

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used 3/8" refrigeration tubing with about 8 wraps around the fuel filter and covered it with aluminum flashing. Teed into both heater hoses with ball valve shutoffs for summer use.
I never tried running anything but fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.