RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Look how gnarly the tstat housing is! Tstat looks clean at least

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I’ve replaced the radiator and upper and lower hoses. After putting like 100miles on it the other day when I was driving I noticed that the temp gauge was reading oddly low (cold) like barely even touching the n or o on the gauge. Could this somehow be related to changing the radiator and coolant? Seems like something went wrong with the sensor/gauge. The engine definitely is getting warm as it’s warm to the touch after driving and the heat gets hot.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would never trust ford factory gauges.....
One thing to thing about, you have a new radiator that isn't half-way clogged, no deposit build-up = more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m very happy about the non-clogged situation! Yes, new gauges are on the top of the list. With these old crap ones, is there any sort of average place the needle would run at?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No, not really. They all will run at different places on the gauges. They can/will also vary at different times on the same truck. They are designed to give the driver a false sense of security, but all they really mean is that the gauges and senders aren't unoperational. I've had some trucks where the gauges would read higher when the headlights are on. I've also has one that, at random times, only the temp and oil pressure gauges would read higher or lower. Always at the same time and in the same direction. That worried me at first until I realized that if the oil pressure was really as low as the gauge indicated, then the engine temperature would probably be higher (gas engine).