Cool Down Timer

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
Has anyone try a cool down timer on the Duramax 6.6, for the turbocharger. I was talking to a guy who had a Ford Diesel and I was asking him about filteration of the oil & fuel and the only thing he has added was the cool down timer for his turbocharger.
because his neighbor said he should add a cool down timer. I thought it was unusual he didn't give it a thought about the diesel fuel and filtering. He said he drives from Florida to N.Y.
and N. J. alot and he wanted to keep this truck for up to 400,000 miles. I told him about the quality of the diesel fuel, he just said he never gave it a thought. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the horse drink the water. So be it.

Well anyway back to the cool down timer , has anyone try this and also if anyone know's of a web site. Also I would like to know if this is a good thing to add to my truck. I try to let the engine run after stopping for about a minute or two. But somtimes I forget.

Thanks

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Try here at ISSPRO
I have a Ford so I cannot comment on having one installed in a DuraMax. I have no chip or upgraded injectors...so I don't have one of these but they are fairly popular with the Powerstroke crowd. However I strongly believe in filtering which is why I have the three in my signature.

Last edited:

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
hheynow
These unit's look like all they are monitors on this site . I think the unit he had in his Ford was a timer that ran his engine after he turn his key off. I didn't see any thing like this on that site.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online