Come on...

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I Drive a 1990 F-250 7.3 with a limited slip axle from a 96. So I was just driving from class back to my house, all of a sudden alot of racket started coming from my axle. Every time I apply the brakes or turn right a grinding noise is clearly audible from the left side of the axle. I'm about to start tearing it apart but am thinking it is the bearings, any opinions?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might be or i have had brakes wear out faster than the adjusters could keep up and the brakes fell apart inside the drum.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Figured it out, it was the pin that the wheel cylinder pushes out and connects to the brake shoe, the pin fell out and was grinding in the bottom. No clue how it got out.

catman

Reaction score
brakes

my guess your drum or shoes are worn out causing your wheel cylinder to over extend, have you added brake fluid lately.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
No i haven't but the master cylinder reservoir is full. The pads aren't that worn down, I would imagine last time I did a brake job it was installed partially wrong, then the way I drive just aggravated it until it fell out then rode in the bottom of the drum making racket the last half mile to my house. thanks for the help tho!

Big Glyn

Old Guys Rule
Reaction score
I would buy a brake hardware kit which should contain a new set of return springs, adjuster spring, shoes hold down springs, ect...just good insurance on older trucks. my 2 cents worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance