Cold and wont start, please help its my work truck

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was cold last night about 10*F. The truck has started at that temp with no plug in before. Today went to start it up and it will "hit" but thats all. Its been plugged up for over an hour with the same results. It "hits" like its gonna fire up but it doesnt. Could the fuel be gelled. I didnt put any additive in the tank the last time i filled up but have run stanadyne every tankful before that. Could it just be cold and not want to go to work today?

Please help. Its full of materials and wont start.

Will

LouBraun

Reaction score
Check your primary fuel filter. If it is covered with jelly or a wax deposit then you know that you have a fuel jell problem.

Once diesel fuel has those wax crystals floating in it a filter will plug up quickly. Warming the fuel will help put that wax back into solution. An anti-gel additive should prevent this from happening again.

Lou Braun

VALKYRIES

Reaction score
Work truck

Are the batteries getting weak? Maybe time for battery warmers? They are about 80 watts each. Maybe time to be using a block heater, I don't bother with the money that it costs me that is what I need to do if I have the truck ready to go to for work. Battery warmers will keep your batteries alive for about a year longer. I have mine (execpt the 06) on -*C temp stat for them to work when it is just into the freezing temps. Good luck.