cold air intake

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
does anyone know the best way to put a cold air intake on a 6.9 idi turbo'd truck please show pictures thanks :frustrate

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
here is as cold as the air gets, this is what i use works great, if i unhook it i can feel the lose in power big time, you got to find a scoop of some sort, and then cut a hole in the core support(its not as hard as it sounds) then fasten the scoop in there and you can get some kind of aluminum duct worrking and attach to the ats air box then to the scoop or maybe even dryer ducting,
Now im sure your thinking rain is going to get it, nope its not i have never found anything in my air box and i have drove threw down pours then pull my air cleaner off to check, but just in case you need to drill a small hole in the lowest part of the air box if it dont already have one there

Attachments

• ram air!!!!!!.jpg
    ram air!!!!!!.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 32
  • Ram-air!!!!!!!!!!11.jpg
    Ram-air!!!!!!!!!!11.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 39

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I'm liking this setup so far, Hypermax cowl induction.
You must be registered for see images attach

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your sig says NA but your pics are turbo'd. Whats the scoop?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my homemade

That is not a "cold air" set-up, just an open element with non-restrictive piping. I know lots of people call any intake piping a "cold air system", most are not. The only cold air is in the cowl or the front of the radiator. The Hypermax style and Dyoungs set-up are probably the best bet for real cool air.
Travis..