Codes P0269 & P0284

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have a P0269 and P0284, cyl 3 & 8 injector circuit contribution/balance fault on a 99 F250.

After doing some googling, I see that the two codes appear together from time to time but there really isn't any insight as to why. Dose anyone have any thoughts?

There is a bit of roughness to it and I expect that the injectors, UVCH's are likely the problem, but am curious as to if there is something weird with those two codes that I don't know about. before I dump some $ into injectors. They do buzz test well. Have yet to pull the valve covers off to see if they are spitting oil out.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for loose injector hold down bolts while you have the valve covers off. Spec is 120 in/lbs but i have tightened them up with a 1/4 socket good and tight.

If the truck runs good I wouldn’t put too much though into a failed contribution test.

How many miles on the injectors?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yeah it runs pretty good, a little rough and smokey when cold, no doubt the injectors have a decent amount of wear. Unknown mileage on the injectors. Unfortunately a full new set of injectors is not in the cards at the moment.

I will check the hold down bolts and tighten if needed before any injectors are pulled, thanks

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it runs pretty good, a little rough and smokey when cold, no doubt the injectors have a decent amount of wear. Unknown mileage on the injectors. Unfortunately a full new set of injectors is not in the cards at the moment.

I will check the hold down bolts and tighten if needed before any injectors are pulled, thanks

I’d check the glow plug system to make sure it’s working 100% before condemning injectors.

You can also check armature clearance on your injectors while still in the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online