Code PPCU ???

Whit

Reaction score
My son in laws 2001 ho cummins stranded him and the code is PPCU ??? I looked for it on batt auto and it aint there, anyone know what this is.

Truck symtoms, he was cruzin down the road and it went to idle, all seams fine but no throttle? he said it sounds fine and has normal power but it will only idle.........the truck is being towed home so I gotta go look at it when it arrives........What about the TPS (throttle position senser)......help if ya can

Cheers, Kevin

MUDDY

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm,,,,dont have ppcu on my list eithr. wth. sounds like the tps to me tho

Whit

Reaction score
Well the truck still aint here yet but looking at my book I see it aint call TPS anymore, its now APPS...accelerator pedel position senser. located under the plastic cover above the VP-44, book says to re-calibrate it to turn key to on and slowly push accelerator down and slowly let up, this will re-cal it..............I plan to check cable out to see if it is functioning properly, if it is I will do the re-cal, after that I dont know..............sure would like to know what code PPCU is :confused:

OH also the truck has had zero mods LOL

Whit

Reaction score
Well I found this, not looking good so far..............I hope the cable just fell off.

PPCU, P1693, PDONE,
means the PCM sees an error in a companion module

The pump will throw the timing code if the Crankshaft Position Sensor is not functioning properly. I would check that first, and make sure it is clean and working. If that is not the problem, then you are looking at the injection pump.

yogi_160

Reaction score
hey whitmore sound's like the apps but hold on to you're wallet they list at over $400 i replaced mine this fall my friend laugh he said why you all over the road i said it's hard to scan and drive

Yogi, I just changed the spelling in my name, trying to learn my new duties here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MUDDY

Reaction score
1693 quite common,means nuthin.my 98.5 had that often.ecm and pcm supposeably aint comunicatin. should be a code specific to the vp44[cant remember which one] that tells of the vp44 failin

if indeed the vp44 goes i know someone who has some at real good price not too far from ya if ya need it

Whit

Reaction score
Well that was easy.....drove to R-town 21 miles, checked under the cover to make sure cable was hooked up, re-caled the apps and it started and works fine..........now the only Q is why did the APPS loose communication with the ECM?

WOW I am impressed with the tech talk we have generated here at OB..........we are the men :)

Attachments

• yourock.jpg
    yourock.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 52

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
What kind of harness/clip connects to the APPS?

On my Ford mine wasn't connected and clicked into place and it kept loosing connection...

It was easier to figure out on mine since I had just done the power pedal mod. But it is something to look at.

Whit

Reaction score
I looked for a connection but the wiring was all wrapped up and also in wire loom, I read in my book tthat the APPS is a sealed unit and I definatly saw that where the wiring went into the unit it was sealed, there could be a clip under all that protection but I didnt go deep, I figger we will run the truck and see how it does, if it fails again I plan to unwrap the wiring.

Cheers, Kevin

2500cummins

Reaction score
Take the three bolts out that hold the assembly to the head and turn it over, it should turn over far enough without unhooking the cables, the connector is right there. I cleaned an APPS for MYTRNx3 last spring and got most of the summer out of it before it started acting up again. I've heard rumors that the APPS from some models of freightliner trucks with ISB's will work? On the frieghtliners its mounted in the cab and was less than $100.00, the idea is to only replace the electronic part, not the whole assembly like they want you to do in the Dodge Ram application. I have no first hand info on this, just somone told me they looked the same and the guy who built the Benz dragster once said he had made one work on the dragster before they converted it to the 7100 pump.

Whit

Reaction score
2500.......great info, I will log that in the back of me *** brain...........na that wont work we will just save it here at OB:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online