clutch release problem

CH302K

Reaction score
I just had a conversion clutch installed in my 1993 f350 7.3 idi.My clutch release is on the floor.It's very hard to shift.Any ideas on how to fix this?
Also the trans has become very noisy.The shop changed the fluid while they where there.
Thanks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of coversion kit? A SMF kit? If so the noise is gear rollover in the ZF5. I run 2 gallons of Royal Purple synthetic ATF in my ZF5 with a SMF and don't notice any rollover noise. What did the shop put in the transmission?

The clutch slave or master cylinders get changed at all? Certainly could be some air trapped in the system making full engaugment of the clutch difficult. Bleeding it is a pain in the butt as the bleeder is on the slave at the top near the front and it's really hard to get to. Bleed it and see if that helps pedal feel and function.

Heath

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that noise you hear is rollover. Notice it disappears under load? And yes, you will have to pump the clutch, on a hill, FOREVER. Pump until your leg falls off then switch legs. I got mine to where it was barely drivable, then drove it for a few days until it got rid of the rest of the air.

Check your linkage under the dash to make sure it isn't too worn. My worn out setup worked great with my old clutch, but didn't have enough throw for the new one.