clutch pedal from 85 into a 78?

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Will they bolt up, or work without a whole ton of headache? Or do I HAVE to find one from a 78 era?

Doing a zf 5 speed into a 78 half ton with a 460. I have an 85 parts truck that I can pull the clutch pedal and all the mount from. If it'll work.

Thanks.
Chris.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Clutch

Use the peddle and mount from the 78 , make an arm and mount the mastercyl. on the fire wall , be sure to reinforce the firewall theres not alot of support there. Did it when we put the cummins in the 77 ED;Sweet

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Well, I know there are no stupid questions, but how about a a stupid problem???? My C6 is dying a painful death so I bought a '92 ZF5 "swap kit" complete with all the goodies, LUK and all.
First: Will the pedal assembly work in my '87 F250?
Second: Where the heck do I hook up the pushrod for the clutch master cyl. on the clutch pedal? Maybe I'm tired, but it just doesn't seem obvious right now. Please help!!!
Oh....the pushrod has a "heim" style end. Do I have the wrong master? Wrong pedal assembly? Missing a mount on the pedal arm? I have from next Fri. 'til next Sun. to complete the bulk of the swap and this is the only stray duck.
Thanks in advance!

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 85 won't bolt up to a 78 but it's not I gaint project to make it work