Clutch pedal assembly Question

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was inspecting my clutch pedal linkage the other day an noticed that the plastic bushing that fits inside the clutch master cylinder hyme joint end was almost gone. I unhooked everything and found that the pin that goes thru the hyme joint has a large groove in it. Can that arm that comes down be taken off so I can replace that pin with a bolt and then reattach the hyme joint?

I have read the artical on replacing the hyme joint but that is not the problem so I don't really want to go to all that hassel.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The heim joint repair article is what addresses the worn pin and pushrod eye. If the pin is worn, the eye on the MC pushrod will be also unles the MC has been replaced recently.

The clutch pedal tab is splined and bolted on and will come off with some coaxing.
Going that far in, may as well change the rest out as well. No more hassles of changing the nylon bushings after installing the heim joint. It's less than 20 bucks to repair and you won't be spending that much more time to prep the pushrod to take on the heim joint.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think Ron covered this really well. This design has been a problem area since its application to our trucks.. Another really bad idea from Ford engineers.. Towcat posted a really great picture of this..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was inspecting my clutch pedal linkage the other day an noticed that the plastic bushing that fits inside the clutch master cylinder hyme joint end was almost gone. I unhooked everything and found that the pin that goes thru the hyme joint has a large groove in it. Can that arm that comes down be taken off so I can replace that pin with a bolt and then reattach the hyme joint?

I have read the artical on replacing the hyme joint but that is not the problem so I don't really want to go to all that hassel.

Not sure if this will help...but it's what I did and what I got to offer, Kinda sorta becoming an expert at these stupid clutch issues...rofl

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...101-Clutch-ARM-replacement&highlight=TECH+101