Clear Fuel Bowl for your 6.9 or 7.3!

How often do you check for water in your fuel filter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a goldenrod before the electric pump mounted on the frame rail. It currently has a water block 15 micron filter in it, but I'd like to find a dedicated water separator and then put a 10 micron filter in the goldenrod. I have a 2 micron CAT filter in the engine compartment before the IP. The stock filter head is long gone.

If you have room, just get a second Goldenrod with the 10-micron and plumb it next-in-line after the existing one.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love idea of clear bottom..just cannot figure out order to place all my setup...carrier pump..then ether a 30 or 20 micron in the Racor FG500 will add clear bowl instead of amber bowl, then stock filter...or stock..then 2 micron in fg500 not sure which way would be best

vn1500g3

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Clear Fuel Bowl. It's a tight fit at the valve cover but it works great! The drain valve has to be clocked away from the valve cover or it interferes with the top of the valve cover.

Pressure gage mounted right at the filter head!

So here is the most recent shot of the filter with the clear bowl attached.

vn1500g3

Reaction score
The pressure gage is working just fine. The liquid filled gage is a MUST if you mounting it in place where there will be lots of vibration.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clear Fuel Bowl. It's a tight fit at the valve cover but it works great! The drain valve has to be clocked away from the valve cover or it interferes with the top of the valve cover.

Pressure gage mounted right at the filter head!

So here is the most recent shot of the filter with the clear bowl attached.

there is a 3# app for that...tappometer app as I know it specially made for custom clearancing...

just sayin...lol

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why we need Midnight Rider and others to post pics of their setup LOL

Moar (more --- I fixed it for you) Pictures :D

After Christmas and a few weeks reading and practicing, I fully intend to plaster this place full of pictures; I've been dumb about it too long.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
After Christmas and a few weeks reading and practicing, I fully intend to plaster this place full of pictures; I've been dumb about it too long.

Lol the MOAR was just a saying a lot of forums use when they need and want more pictures badly, I dont know how it started though LOL

As far as your post, good that's what I wanted to see :backoff

:D

vn1500g3

Reaction score
Clear Fuel Bowl - UPDATE

Well, the whole clear fuel bowl thing is pointless now. On December 3, 2013 my house burned down to the ground, then to add insult to injury, some low life, **** head, crack head, SOB stole my truck on December 7, 2013. The truck, as you'll see from the pictures is a total loss. The ******** who stole my truck tried to sell the power train on Craigs List. So if you buy stuff on Craigs List, be careful who your buying from!

The damage you see in the pictures is even WORSE than what you can see in the pictures. The idiots cut the main engine cross member with a cutting torch to get the engine out. The frame has now collapsed and twisted beyond repair.

vn1500g3

Reaction score
Stolen Truck

Wow. What a month. I hate a thief.

Was this your engine?

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/pts/4239959596.html

What part or Arkansas are you in?

I'm in Jacksonville Arkansas

Yep, that's my engine. I did eventually get that back, however, the ******** who stole the engine is still trying to sell my B&W Goose neck hitch. I called the sheriffs department to see if I could get it back, but since I have no way actually proving that it came from my truck they wont do anything about it. They know who the guy is and where he lives, but they still haven't arrested him. I have absolutely no faith in our law enforcement system anymore. They wont do jack. I'm the one who tracked the truck down and told them where it was and it still took them a week to do anything about it. The Pulaski County Sheriffs department is totally worthless!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. I am over in Conway. I hope you are able to get a new truck or piece one back together. If you need any help, just ask. I have a timing meter now and would be happy to help with that. I wish I knew a way to get your hitch back for you. I would say just go take it back, but with people like that it might not be worth your life. Some people have no regard for people or their property. Let me know how I can help.

vn1500g3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. I am over in Conway. I hope you are able to get a new truck or piece one back together. If you need any help, just ask. I have a timing meter now and would be happy to help with that. I wish I knew a way to get your hitch back for you. I would say just go take it back, but with people like that it might not be worth your life. Some people have no regard for people or their property. Let me know how I can help.

Thank you very much. I'll keep you in mind. I'll probably take you up on the timing meter. I'm looking at a replacement for my poor old broken and ***** F350. I've got my eye on a 1993 F250 Extended Cab 4X4 that needs a new IP. I hope I can get a good deal on it.