Clear Fuel Bowl for your 6.9 or 7.3!

How often do you check for water in your fuel filter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vn1500g3

Reaction score
Are you tired of not being able to tell if you have water or trash in bottom of your fuel bowl? By the time the WIF sensor tells you there is water in the fuel, you have a BUNCH of water in there. Here is the answer! Pick up a clear fuel bowl and replace the factory metal one. The part number you are looking for is PFRK21057. This a Parker-Racor unit. Parker-Racor manufactured the fuel filter head for our IH 6.9's and 7.3's. I got mine here http://shop.torresen.com/ships_stor...IN-CLR BOWL & DRAIN KIT BF811&sectionid=10334
The price was $31.95 plus shipping. The only downside is that they have to order this part from Parker directly. It took me a month to get, but it was well worth it! I'll post a photo of the before and after install shortly!

:thumbsup:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We don't have issues out on the west coast with water getting into our fuel systems. Humidity is never high nor long enough either. I have been fabrication the 2000 psd fuel filter bowl to work on our engines. More on that later on...:sly The see thru bottom has some benifits...:thumbsup:

artfd

Reaction score
This a Parker-Racor unit. Parker-Racor manufactured the fuel filter head for our IH 6.9's and 7.3's. I got mine here http://shop.torresen.com/ships_stor...IN-CLR BOWL & DRAIN KIT BF811&sectionid=10334
The price was $31.95 plus shipping. The only downside is that they have to order this part from Parker directly. It took me a month to get, but it was well worth it! I'll post a photo of the before and after install shortly!

The description on Racor's site said: Clear bowl & drain kit BF811
I have been told by several suppliers that Racor's BF811 filter/separator, to which this bowl has to attach, has been discontinued. Some of the 7.3's use the PF829B filter/separator, which I don't think is compatible with the bowl you mentioned.

artfd

Reaction score
We don't have issues out on the west coast with water getting into our fuel systems. Humidity is never high nor long enough either.
In my experience water in fuel show up now & again. I've driven my '83 all over the country. Very rarely I would have the 'water in fuel' light come on several times over the period of a week. For the last 18 years, no indication of water, and nothing would drain out of the separator.
I guess this is just a matter of luck.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I use a racor 120A in a few applications. Clear bowl on it. work well.

And a racor 225 on my 84 Ford

Last edited:

artfd

Reaction score
NM artist's F350 damaged by water in fuel

Originally posted at KOB.com 17 Feb 2012:
It’s been almost a year since Diane Martinez filled up her truck with diesel fuel laced with water.

The incident ruined her truck, and she has been in a battle with Western Refinery, the company that owns the gas station which sold her shoddy fuel.

Anyone with quality control issues with a gas station can file a complaint with the New Mexico Division of Standards and Consumer Services.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you tired of not being able to tell if you have water or trash in bottom of your fuel bowl? By the time the WIF sensor tells you there is water in the fuel, you have a BUNCH of water in there. Here is the answer! Pick up a clear fuel bowl and replace the factory metal one. The part number you are looking for is PFRK21057. This a Parker-Racor unit. Parker-Racor manufactured the fuel filter head for our IH 6.9's and 7.3's. I got mine here http://shop.torresen.com/ships_stor...ame=IN-CLR BOWL & DRAIN KIT BF811§ionid=10334

did you ever snap a pic of this for us?
PFRK20567 appears to be the oem metal bowl.

Last edited:

vn1500g3

Reaction score
Racor Clear Fuel Bowl Replacment

Yes, Here are the pictures
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah,i like that.i''ll try one of those.thanks man!
ordered one from macombmarineparts.com for under 30$ w/ under 10$ shipping.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Holy cow. 2.5 year revival. Never seen him post before, and still comes back with a reply less than 30 minutes later.
I think he should get an award. LOL

But those look pretty cool.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah many forums (and iirc including this one) have new threads you start automatically subscribed too with e-mail notifications.so unless he altered that in his settings i had a good chance he got an e-mail saying someone replied to his thread.worked out.knock on wood lol.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! So this clear plastic fuel bowl definately fits the FD-3375 filter on our trucks? Wish I had seen this before I bought a replacement alumium one. "Looks" to be the same except for the Schrader valve.