Cheaper, gas or diesel???

wmoguy

Reaction score
chvycmnslvr68: I see you are in Denver, CO, an hour south of me and right by Phazertwo (another board member) I think I can speak for Phazertwo, that both of us would love to see this pickup in action that used 2 gallons and went 300 miles. Seriously, I'm very interested in how you did this, and want to see it

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel ******: Very nice summation of mpg over a long period. I think this reflects the real world. Your truck is a bit heavier than most of ours and the DRW setup costs a little mpg too. I liked the comments in your ECOMODDER logbook which gave context to the whole thing. I suggest all click on the chart and read the entire chart and comments.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, i have a lot to think about. I may lean towards a cummins in a ford, i know i can get in the low to mid twenties with a single cab pickup and a well tuned 12 valve. but im open for more advice. Also i think a commuter car would be a good idea as well. I just love the sound of a diesel. It must be in my veins lol.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too love the sound of a diesel. But I also love the 40mpg my little chevy Cobalt gets on "cheap" gas. Would never get rid of the truck, but I also wouldn't get rid of the car.

I see your from La Crosse, would you happen to have a GN ball in your truck? I am looking at a cattle trailer down around there but its too far for me to make it there and back in a day. If your interested in hauling it to maybe Wausau or something let me know.

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen 4 different 5.9 cummins get 80-90% increase with only 1-1.5 litre per minute and i was pushing between 5-6 lpm with double O/D ... it did get 127 MPG

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I have seen 4 different 5.9 cummins get 80-90% increase with only 1-1.5 litre per minute and i was pushing between 5-6 lpm with double O/D ... it did get 127 MPG

You should start a thread and show us your set-up. Many here are curious and open minded, but so far, your claims seem to defy physics. That being said; I personally know of two professional engineering companies that are looking at large scale HHO additions to coal-fired boilers to lower emissions from these units. (All experimental at this point.) They make no claims of increased overall output or efficiency, just lower emissions.

wmoguy

Reaction score

You do realize you could be Bill Gates level rich if you have this type of system that is proven like you say, right?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do realize you could be Bill Gates level rich if you have this type of system that is proven like you say, right?
that's what i was thinking.
that or shot dead by a hired hit man by big oil lmao.
one or the the other, guaranteed.
if i found a way to make a just a tiny beater car,let alone a full size truck hit over 100MPG,ain't no way id be sharing with anyone, how the hell i did it.Id be headed to the best lawyer money could buy (mortgage,rob,steal,sell,whatever.it'll all get payed back in full anyway lol) and getting a thing or two patented.:D

Last edited:

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are all kids of plans for hydrogen generators on the internet so trying to patent one would be impossible and the last few people that tried were all killed by the oil companies ... but the technology is out there ..

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Get an older Ford with a 300 straight 6! Just as bullet proof as our IDI's, great low end torque, and get about the same mpg as our trucks, with half the maintenance cost.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an older Ford with a 300 straight 6! Just as bullet proof as our IDI's, great low end torque, and get about the same mpg as our trucks, with half the maintenance cost.

thats a great post for this thread right there.my personal experience exactly as well.

wmoguy

Reaction score
there are all kids of plans for hydrogen generators on the internet so trying to patent one would be impossible and the last few people that tried were all killed by the oil companies ... but the technology is out there ..

Not any plans that get you 100+ mpg out of a 1 ton pickup.......

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Love my 300! To bad Ford didnt utalize the basic 300 design and make a diesel from that. A 4.9L inline 6 diesel with 18:1 comp, direct injection, decent turbo with 250 hp and 450-500 torque would be ****!

FordGuy100

Reaction score

I will pay you $500 to take a couple days off work, and drive down here...then let me drive a truck equiped with that for 300 miles.

It is....literally...impossible. HHO Hydrogen is extremly low in BTU's. BTU's is a form of Energy. It takes a certain amount of energy to move a certain amount of weight a certain distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes