changing to electric fucet fuel pump

drewdole1

Reaction score
so if i want to remove old stock lift fuel pump a chevy 454 block off plate will take its place???

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the two bolt chevy blockoff plate is what you want. if you can't find any I think you can cut the four bolt plate up to make it work but cant promise that...

This one
You must be registered for see images

Not this one
You must be registered for see images

images were found on google image search

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Or you can make one using the mechanical lift pump gasket as a template and cut it out of 1/8 or 1/4 inch aluminum. Just watch the top edge of the block. There is a slight machining area that some have found to cause the plates to rest on. Then you have a big oil leak... Till you find out what the issue is.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a carter p4070 on mine the other day and I cut the arm off the mechanical pump and reinstalled it until I can pick up a block off plate.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine the bolts were too long and seemed to bottom out on the block before they were tight, so I put 3 washers on there and it snugged it up.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
When I did mine the bolts were too long and seemed to bottom out on the block before they were tight, so I put 3 washers on there and it snugged it up.

Why didn't you just trim the bolts?

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I had three washers handy and that was a much easier solution laying in the driveway at the time.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
may be a stupid question but what are you talking about :confused: just tryin to learn LOL

He's replacing his factory mechanical fuel lift pump (the one that pump fuel from the tanks to the filter/IP) with a electric pump. Lots of options, but he's using a popular Facet Duralift pump. He removing the mechanical pump from the engine block. He will need to block off the opening in the engine block where the mechanical pump used to mount. A big block Chevy fuel pump block off plate will work well as posted above.

Clear as mud right?:dunno:D

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7