Catch can

jimmyB

Reaction score
Well i built me a catch can to catch some of the unwanted oil in the turbo. Has anyone else done this or had an idea about it?

Attachments

• can.png
    can.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 87
  • can 1.png
    can 1.png
    50 KB · Views: 38
  • can 2.png
    can 2.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 83
  • catch can.png
    catch can.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 44

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That's pretty slick!
Did ya use any type of filter media to scrub the vapors or is it baffled?

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unwanted turbo oil????

Where does it normally/supposed to drain too?

I get the unwanted crankcase breather oil and the closed off CRV or whatever it's called behind the air box...but I figured that pumped straight into the turbo intake side... is there extra???

Sorry about the ridicio Q.... not all that familiar with these turbo systems yet.

THX

BTW- just a quick thought.... where do you drain it into the crank? Do you use the forward unused oil dip stick hole?? Seems like it would be a great spot... without looking at obstructions.

Kewl looking invention too.

jimmyB

Reaction score
Its just baffled and flows the same, so any oil will be caught. Capttom,the crankcase gasses are sucked through the CDR .If you have the stock setup its on the back of the intake.I have the banks so its on the turbo inlet, and from the crankcase pressure oil works its way up into the turbo and just burns oil.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nice design. I've made and modified similar setups myself for other engines before. If you have a good baffle setup it should work nicely.
If you are setuf for full time drainback into the pan, you can go to an Isuzu truck dealer and get a nice one way valve from their factory oil breather setup that works nicely to keep the oil flowing downward but keeps the gasses from blowing back up into the oil separator unit ;Sweet You can also get a one way valve from Racor, they use a nice one with their CCV4500 breather filters
That one way valve will keep the pressure down in the unit so the oil will go where it's supposed to

jimmyB

Reaction score
sorry agnem,i had no idea you had that setup on the moose. What do you mean weed spray filter. Any pics of it? In your pic it looks like its part of the AC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel