Case 504

detroitdiesel

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used anything with a case 504 motor in it? If so, did you like it? We have had two tractors with 504's, one a case 2290 (still own) and the other a case 2590(traded in for a bigger tractor), and have had no problems with either of them for the almost 20 years (each)of service they both have/are giving us. They also seem to have a lot of power. We put bigger injectors on our 2590, and it would pull our 40ft air drill. It would be funny watching it pull the air drills though. The tires would be spinning quite a bit faster that the tractor was actually was going due to the air drills weight.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessiree, I put thousands of hours sitting behind a 504 in the 1470 TK. I cut my eye teeth in that thing. We had the pump turned up a few flats on it, I think it was approx 145 hp stock and this pushed it to around 175-180 hp. It was our main 4x4 field tractor for probably 6 or 7 years, pulled a 30 foot light cultivator with it and a 29 foot chisel plow for heavy work. With the pump turned up you had to keep an eye on the EGT's as the 504 was cracked head/ blow head gasket prone when you messed with the fuel. But it seemed like no matter how hard you worked the old girl she wouldnt drink much more that 6.5 gph. It was a very good, solid, economical tractor to run, we sold it off after it was over 10,000 hrs and replaced it with an 855 Versatile which has since been replaced with a 9350.

There was a 2870 thrown in there for a few years as well and its main service in life was to pull air drills.

I credit most of my hearing loss to the 1470.

detroitdiesel

Reaction score
What on the 504's IP did you turn up to increase fuel? On yours it was an inline pump, right?