can't find the afermarket a/c idler pulley anywhere....

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as someone here suggested the last time i brought this up, i found out the a/c on my 89 f250 was in fact an aftermarket system - and it seems like the company that made it is no longer in business. I think they were called "signet" located in harrodsburg, KY.
the compressor has no provisions for adjusting the belt tension - this is done with a v-belt idler pulley that mounts somehow into the main bracket the holds the compressor through a single bolt hole and somehow you can adjust the tension - if you have the pulley.
so far all the places i have called either laugh or draw a blank when i tell them what i am looking for - or else they show me a pulley but it is not the one i need.

Does anyone have any idea what this pulley looks like or where to get one, or even where to get something similar that could be modified to work? or how to make one?
if need be i could try to figure out how to post a picture here. I really need to get the a/c working but i can't do anything until i figure out how to get a belt on there.
any help greatly appreciated!
thanks,
paul

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks!!!

thanks! - i called them and they knew right away what i was talking about and said they can get it for like $30 plus they can get any other parts i may need for the system.

paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online

No members online now.