can somebody please help me?????

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
my rear drive shaft snapped in two i have a 1997 F250 7.3 4x4 5 speed extended cab long bed and i can not find one around my area if any body has one or knows of one pleas let me know i will pay for it and shipping Ive tried ford all the junkyards and auto part stores with know luck thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea cause that's not a one piece drive shaft. :dunno

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rear drive shaft snapped in two i have a 1997 F250 7.3 4x4 5 speed extended cab long bed and i can not find one around my area if any body has one or knows of one pleas let me know i will pay for it and shipping Ive tried ford all the junkyards and auto part stores with know luck thanks

You are close to Indy I am sure there is a drive line shop there and they can make one for you.

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
yeah the back 3' section snaped when it hit the ground i found a shop in hope IN that can make one for 147$ think im going to hope this weekend to get it thanks guys

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Pobly broke a u-joint (rear) and the shaft flailed around and broke. This happened to my neighbors F150. Sucks when a u-joint breaks when you have your foot on the floor!
Anywho, look in the yellow pages for a spicer driveline shop. They should have all the parts to fix or replace your shaft since spicer built it in the first place.
Ken

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
what happened is the yoke coming out of the carrier bearing broke letting the drive shaft to spin around and hit the ground and break sorry guys I'm new to all this so I'm learning every thing as i go thanks

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I dropped my driveshaft one day when my carrier took a crap. Luckily all I had to replace was the carrier itself but I did replace the u-joints while I was there too. But anyway maybe the reason your driveshaft fell is because the carrier broke.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you snap a picture or 2 of it?it would help us to help you better if we knew exactly what your looking for/broke.problem with finding a used shaft in a junkyard is they pick the cars/trucks up with a loader with forks on it and almost everytime they bend the shafts.a straight used one will be hard to find unless one of us has one