Can a 6.5 run with one battery?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Reaction score
Be sure the cable terminals are SUPER-clean. Pull the thru-bolt and then stretch the rubber off to expose the metal ring so you can get ALL the corrosion out/off. Then apply silicone electrical grease (not DIelectric) before putting everything back.

It's probably a good thing that you didn't try to run on 1. On mine, the alternator & starter are connected to the R battery, and the fuse block is connected to the L. So if all the terminals aren't tightly clamped together (by being attached to battery terminals), the smoke might get out.

I'm not a fan of Optimas - I prefer the high-end JC batteries, like Interstate MTP & Sears DieHard Gold.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure the cable terminals are SUPER-clean. Pull the thru-bolt and then stretch the rubber off to expose the metal ring so you can get ALL the corrosion out/off. Then apply silicone electrical grease (not DIelectric) before putting everything back.

It's probably a good thing that you didn't try to run on 1. On mine, the alternator & starter are connected to the R battery, and the fuse block is connected to the L. So if all the terminals aren't tightly clamped together (by being attached to battery terminals), the smoke might get out.

I'm not a fan of Optimas - I prefer the high-end JC batteries, like Interstate MTP & Sears DieHard Gold.

Well it had been sitting for over a year....and that didn't help anything, but she runs pretty good now...besides the service engine soon light appearing once awhile and the fact that it likes to jerk if you get on it to fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7