Added battery charger

DMcV

Reaction score
I added a better battery charger/tender to plug in when I don't drive for few days. I've owned the truck for 13+ years. Previous owner had told me about a parasitic battery drain maybe because of aftermarket alarm install 'he said'.
I spent over $600 having it searched and eliminated accessory lighting and other items while not running but could not find the total drain reason. I had it reversed several years later because I preferred having lights come on when i open the door etc. So, my question is, as stupid as it may sound, Pervious owner had a 4 amp charger/minder permanently connected to the driver side battery, but now that I have added a better max 10 amp charger and permanently connected it to the passenger side battery because there is more room, Ahhh...back to the question as the batteries are connected in parallel does make any difference which battery I have connected the charger to ? Also just yesterday replaced both batteries. I have found before that once I have cranked over that beast of an engine and the batteries didn't have enough reserve right down that click - click - click sound I have probably screwed one or both batteries from holding a good charge. So now I have resigned to live with the parasitic draw (again) and because I don't use my truck daily, I let the battery charger maintain the batteries.
Look forward to any feedback. Thank you in advance DMcV

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter which one you hook it to. I have a similar setup on my 6.0 Excursion (it doesn’t get driven as much as it used to). I’ve had mine connected to each side, at different times, with all the factory cables connected properly and see no difference. Now, it is connected to the drivers side battery, because there’s a nice little spot to stash it behind the battery. I have a cord run out to the same location as the block heater cord, so the are both right there…

DMcV

Reaction score
Thank you're 'snicklas' for confirming. Yes, all factory cables and I too have run it to the block heater cord access area.
DMcV