Camshaft

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, lets get Punk involved and we can use my truck. As you know its totally stock for now. I'm just not sure where to get it dyno'd.
Thoughts?

Well yours was a given since we are so close. I will find somewhere. and ask some of your hotrod buddies, there may be one over off witch hazel, guy does late mustangs I think.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

And we can do all stages of it, first cam then turbo then intercooler, great idea, but hey if it bloes up you get all the parts,LOL

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the time I would gladly do this for myself, and everyone else that is interested. We have a dyno about 1/4 mile away from my house. Only bad part is having to pull the turbo off... I have a cam core...

motoboy549

Reaction score
not trying to hyjack the thread but its already in topic who all makes cams for the idi bcuz ive been lookin and cant find nething

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody really makes the cams specifically for the idi, Russ or Type4 can get them grinded from his supplier/cam grinder I think...???

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Jumping on this just to see what the outcome will be. I am trying to get a good core and as soon as I do, it will be in the mail to the left coast.

SWS

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Otto, I will give you the lower price cam and I will back your numbers with my rig. Yours can be the effects on n/a and mine the effects on a hypermax kit. Im always up for flogging my truck on a dyno, hope more **** breaks. LOL. (not really, Im sick to death of motor and trans swaps at the moment. doing two 6.0s at work, just finished a set of hg on a 6.0 at work, and I have swapped the motor in black pearl twice in the last 6 weeks, now the trans is out with 9 broken flywheel bolts. Much more of this and Im gonna torch her and scrap it out for spite.)

punk

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Much more of this and Im gonna torch her and scrap it out for spite.

sounds like you are just plain fed up with it, I have an idea, I'll bring a trailer down, I'll let you load your truck and spare parts onto it, and then you can reimburse me for fuel and sign the title over to me for "scrap metal removal"

I'll recycle it into my own truck, and you can forget about what a pain it was and buy a new one, sounds like a great deal to me! :rotflmao

whaddya say? :sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody running one yet?
i sent off a cam on the GTG weekend. not in a hurry to get it back because I will be looking at a major teardown in my engine compartment.
All I can say in visually comparing the stock to the typ4 cam is that it's going to be very interesting. the lobes are very square and the duration is quite long. Russ just might make a believer out of me.:eek:

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sent off a cam on the GTG weekend. not in a hurry to get it back because I will be looking at a major teardown in my engine compartment.
All I can say in visually comparing the stock to the typ4 cam is that it's going to be very interesting. the lobes are very square and the duration is quite long. Russ just might make a believer out of me.:eek:

i have one in the garage waiting on the engine to come out and the smf to arrive. i will let u know

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance of seeing some photos that compare the stock vs upgrade? Towcat's description has me curious now.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im seriously thinking of buying one of these for my trucks, when the cash is on hand

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I will when it gets here. I still have trouble with the camera focus so I can not promise anything. All of my lifter and cam pix were blury. It should be here this week...with the new lifters.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726