Camshaft

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Lets see if I can make this make sence better. It goes on; 1)retainer, 2)spacer, 3)fuel eccentric. You can push the eccentric and spacer all the way to the edge of the shoulder, but then the woodruff key is not retained by the fuel pump eccentric. I did not realize this when I pulled the first setup off. I KNOW the key was under the lobe a little. But when I went to put it back on, I pushed it past the key.

SWS

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see if I can make this make sence better. It goes on; 1)retainer, 2)spacer, 3)fuel eccentric. You can push the eccentric and spacer all the way to the edge of the shoulder, but then the woodruff key is not retained by the fuel pump eccentric. I did not realize this when I pulled the first setup off. I KNOW the key was under the lobe a little. But when I went to put it back on, I pushed it past the key.

SWS

not sure what you are asking for but do these help

international engine service manual
You must be registered for see images attach

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Thats good. I will do the tiral and error install to get er done.

SWS

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be sending my core cam on Monday hopefully. We have a dyno here in town and I would be willing to do it, but I have no timing meter.

I will be pulling the motor the first weekend after I get the cam back, also welding a fitting to the oil pan for turbo drain.

aaron1976

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has got their cam installed and how it does for you? I think I need one of these cams. I know Russ has one in his truck and it sounds like it runs pretty strong. I wonder at what RPM his truck likes to pull at. I also wonder if having 4:10 gears and a T19 4 speed would make the RPM range to high for the cam or not?

I still think I need one.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well... I rode in his truck. He has a Super 60 compressor wheel which lets the turbo spool lowerdown (my truck makes 1psi of boost at 1250rpm's, I'm sure he could do that if he really tried at 1100rpm's). He has a 7.3 which have there torque lower than my 6.9. And a torque cam. All I have to say was that thing was fast, it pulled super, super hard all the way through the rpm's.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, but i wonder if his 3.55's hurt him a little???? Thats why I cant wait for the 4.10's with the cam and maybe propane. Also I will look into a different compressor wheel.....

aaron1976

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a cam from Type4 and hopefully will get it here soon. I will let you all know what it does for my truck once I get it installed.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i want one now and i got cash laying around
anyway are these reground or a new cam? if reground would a turbo cam be better? russ could answer but if anyone else knows thatd be great
also where is the best place to get the timing cover gasket set for the motors

aaron1976

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the turbo and non turbo cams different? I don't know the answer to that.

These are regrinds I believe. I am sending my old cam back to him once I get it out.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they are different
i got cores for both sitting here waiting cant wait for his shipping info
but he said he usually has one waiting so if regrind then you dont get youres back all the time
the 300 hp thread covered the cam differences well (last years thread)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Nope. All IDI cams are the same. He posted the specs in either this thread or another one like it and they are identical.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online