Camshaft

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh boy now im thinkin about getting the whole set up and getting a moose pump and moose misters ,, and the new torque cam that typ4 has ,, so i will let yall know what happens with the banks wastegated sidewinder and an intercooler ,, i have a dyno about 3 miles from my house and will post all the numbers wheni get it all done

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... I rode in his truck. He has a Super 60 compressor wheel which lets the turbo spool lowerdown (my truck makes 1psi of boost at 1250rpm's, I'm sure he could do that if he really tried at 1100rpm's). He has a 7.3 which have there torque lower than my 6.9. And a torque cam. All I have to say was that thing was fast, it pulled super, super hard all the way through the rpm's.
I drove Russ's truck. In short, it pulls like a bear. Very fast spool up with instant and very wide torque band. I thought it was a 4.10 truck at first. He corrected me that it is a 3.55 truck. Not a hint of bogging whatsoever like most 3.55 trucks.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$$$$? for this cam? If it is a variabl;e due to the condition of your core, what is the spread?

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$$$$? for this cam? If it is a variabl;e due to the condition of your core, what is the spread?

I dont really know what youre asking, but the cam 189 and they grind your cam. I just got mine back in the mail last night.

My grandparents are coming up here for my graduation and they leave Sat morning. We have lots of grad parties to go to this weekend, So if I am lucky, I will begin to pull my motor Monday afternoon. I cant wait!!!!

Also, I want to measure the two cams and see what the difference is... Should I just use a caliper???

Last edited:

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has Russ dyno'd his truck with the cam, intercooler, etc? I'd like to know what his truck is putting down.
Travis..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dyno numbers are going to have to be before and after numbers on the same truck, with timing verified by a meter. So Russ really can't help since his truck is already equipped. Somebody needs to volunteer.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
The dyno numbers are going to have to be before and after numbers on the same truck, with timing verified by a meter. So Russ really can't help since his truck is already equipped. Somebody needs to volunteer.

if there was a dyno less than 2 hours away i would do it!

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I almost had the motor pulled, but school just started about two weeks ago and Im now three hours from my truck. And Im driving the goat. Hopefully when I go down on breaks I will be able to work it a little.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping to have results months ago but the engine is still sitting in the garage. It is about 95% built but I just do not have the time.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online