C6 to ZF5

sak778

Reaction score
92 pedal assembly may or may not fit the fire wall of your 87 truck. They might different.
The master cyl hooks up above the gas pedal. the pedal pivots thru the bracket and a plate with a pin bolts on the end and the hole in the rod goes over the pin on the plate.

You will probably want to mount the firewall reinforcing plate while your installing the master cyl. check out post number 31 by me for more links that show what will happen without the brace.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1084665-i-think-the-4speed-tranny-is-done.html

Last edited:

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
dont forget your driveshafts are a different length. I just did the same thing, ditched the c6 for the zf5.

I just completed my ZF swap yesterday and was able to re-use my driveshafts. IIRC the ZF was 13/16" longer than the C6 and I still have over an inch of slip left on my rear splines. I re-used the C6 isolator/mount & crossmember, just had to relocate the crossmember back about an inch and the lower holes were already in the lower frame flange. Using the C6 c-member raised my driveshaft location, and with the increased driveline angle it helped give me that little bit of slip I needed on the spline.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin