C6 to T19 swap

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey OB, been awhile since ive been on.

quick question, i have somebody letting me use a donor truck thats 2 years newer than my 84, still a single cab long box. my truck right now has the c6 and i want to pull the t19 out of the donor truck. if i take the t19, transfer case, tranny mount, drivelines, pedal assemblies, clutch, etc., almost everything but the clutch master/slave cylinder should drop straight in shouldnt it?

if i remember right its going to be a pain to get the clutch cylinders to mount in.

in the long run, is it worth the effort?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey OB, been awhile since ive been on.

quick question, i have somebody letting me use a donor truck thats 2 years newer than my 84, still a single cab long box. my truck right now has the c6 and i want to pull the t19 out of the donor truck. if i take the t19, transfer case, tranny mount, drivelines, pedal assemblies, clutch, etc., almost everything but the clutch master/slave cylinder should drop straight in shouldnt it?

if i remember right its going to be a pain to get the clutch cylinders to mount in.

in the long run, is it worth the effort?

For me it is. I'm in the process of swapping the C6 out of my '86 crew cab to a "typ4" modified 460 ZF5 speed. The swap will be basically the same, but with a different transmission. You also need the transmission floor plate out of the donor.

Lots of photos and some info in THIS POST and THIS POST AS WELL.

Heath

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I'd agree with Heath, worth the effort. But, if I was going to go through all that work, I'd put a 5 speed in.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
C-6 transfer case will bolt to the T-19.
I did a 460 C-6 to a 6.9 T-19 combo and for what I do with the truck its a perfect combo for pushing snow and hauling heavy loads. Just not the best on the highway due to the lack of OD.

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This part really isnt that bad. In my '85, the firewall had centerpunches for the clutch master holes. You'll need a 1.5" holesaw. Hardest part of the swap for me was honestly getting the pedals in and getting the clutch bled.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention this earlier, but I would recommend putting in a firewall reinforcement plate BEFORE you install the clutch master cylinder.

The firewall will flex, might as well put the plate in while you have it apart and get that issue fixed from the get go.

Heath

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention this earlier, but I would recommend putting in a firewall reinforcement plate BEFORE you install the clutch master cylinder.

The firewall will flex, might as well put the plate in while you have it apart and get that issue fixed from the get go.

Heath

I put the small reinforcement plate in during my swap. Good advice. Its cheap from the ford dealer and you are not going to want to go back under that dash ever again after dealing with the pedal assembly.

Also, consider getting an adjustable clutch rod. If you can fabricate, stick a heim on the pedal end too

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thank you all for the info, so roughly im thinking the guy will want around 500 for all the parts i need off the donor truck, after that how much do you think it would cost? i know ill need a new main seal, and i dont know how much the firewall reinforcement plate will cost, im thinking 600 tops for this swap?

zacky6661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
added in, im also not doing a zf5 cause i dont have the money people are asking for around here and im kinda taking what i can get.

plus, the previous owner of the doner truck supposedly just put a brand new dual plate clutch in, so i think its actually kind of a good deal considering my torque converter is starting to hum... O_O

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thank you all for the info, so roughly im thinking the guy will want around 500 for all the parts i need off the donor truck, after that how much do you think it would cost? i know ill need a new main seal, and i dont know how much the firewall reinforcement plate will cost, im thinking 600 tops for this swap?

i picked up the small reinforcement plate, and it was $20-$30. no need to get the large one since your truck has never had a clutch in it before

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online