C6 build

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Howdy all, well I think I'm finally going to get around to rebuilding my c6 pretty soon. Does anyone see a problem with doing a manual shift kit and adding the extra clutches? Not too concerned about harsh shifts I'm 18 and I'll probably love it :thumbsup: Also if I do a manual kit can I disregard the vacuum system? One last question for now, I know its a stretch but will an E4OD converter work or will the lockup clutch and stuff prevent it, and if not where would you reccomend getting a low stall converter? Ok so that one was 2 questions but thanks for any help guys

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Not too concerned about harsh shifts I'm 18 and I'll probably love it ...
I'm sure your u-joints, driveshaft and rear will love it also.:backoff
Mine use to shift high and hard...I got tired of changing u-joints and my neck snapping back, what a pain in the ars.;Really

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hyde, forget the lockup stuff, it requires internal electrics that the C6 does not have - what you want is an auxiliary overdrive unit, or a 2-speed rear axle, tis much much stronger than the shock E4OD converter anyways.

On the manual shift kit - been a while since I messed with one of these, but IIRC they apply full pressure to the clutches all the time, so yes you should be able to remove the vacuum line and associated engine stuff. Extra clutches is generally a good thing, and the overall line pressure (shift hardness) you can modify by drilling the valve body plates holes larger or smaller as described in your kit's manual. Don't go for the neck-snapping setting as you a) don't have a drag-race car where even fraction of seconds of shift time counts, and b) in a vehicle as heavy as yours like HammerDown said your U-joints will hate you for life.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I knew the C6 wouldn't run the lockup but I was wondering what it would do if nothing was telling it what to do. Yea I'd love a gear vendor or something like it but they run some high dollars. Thanks for the insight on the whiplash setting on the shifts, thats was the high schooler in me thinkin "that would be *******"