buying an ats turbo

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
man i must be lucky (ya right) cause everytime i have called to order something from ats they have been very helpful and my parts always get here in 3-4 days:dunno

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have only dealt with them ones, but in my case parts arrived to Finland in 1,5 week from the order and everything else went smoothly also...

scfdiesel

Reaction score
I bought the Aurora turbo about 6wks ago with 3" down pipe directly from ATS, received it in about a week, paid $1864 shipped. Customer service was friendly and knowledgeable about their products. No complaints.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Aurora 2000 setup. Ordered it directly from ATS after visiting the shop while in Colorado on business. I also put the ATS intercooler on my truck and it pulls great. I can't think of a better way to breathe new life into an old truck than to put a state of the art turbo on it.

If you're keeping the old truck for a while, don't hesitate to invest a little!

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^how much was the ATS intercooler? i can't seem to find any price on it, also do you have pics of that setup?

scfdiesel

Reaction score
Hey Reklund, glad to hear your pleased with the turbo/IC, I haven't installed my turbo yet but have been thinking about an IC. I was thinking about trying to do something on the cheap like a 7.3 PS IC, but perhaps that we be more bother than its worth (ie finding one, figuring out the piping/mounting etc.)Do you mind telling me what you paid for your ATS IC. How much boost do you run.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i called and tried to order my turbo and service was great but the turbos are on back order till august the guy said talk about somebody get alittle frustrated -cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^how much was the ATS intercooler? i can't seem to find any price on it, also do you have pics of that setup?
ATS no longer makes the "hershey drop" intake hat, so you will have to fab things up. knowing what you've done for fab work in the past, you should have no problems. My kit set me back $1300 but imho, it was well worth it. Here's a photo recap of my ATS IC install from a few years back and yes, I have heard all the smartass comments on the boxes on top of the 'burb already....

Attachments

• ICPIPINGLAYOUT.jpg
    ICPIPINGLAYOUT.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 14
  • ICATINTAKE.jpg
    ICATINTAKE.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ICRADMOUNT.jpg
    ICRADMOUNT.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ICASSEMBLED.jpg
    ICASSEMBLED.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ICTHRUTHGRILL.jpg
    ICTHRUTHGRILL.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 7

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the photos, imo that setup looks actually really good. I really like the plumbing where the in/out are on different side.

Do you remember the size of that intercooler, i didn't find it from the ATS site. And is the plumbing diameter 2" and are they stainless steel, some coated regular steel or aluminium? Intake hat and that cooler is aluminium, but i'm not sure what they usually use on the plumbing...

But what are those boxes and how come ;) :D :sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online